Notices

Please someone Help me

Old 01-28-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
No offense taken.

I was treated in the 1970's with Lithium for symptoms of Manic depression and spent years in group therapy, psyche wards and psychiatrists... along with my constant drinking and 15 yrs of Valium.

I surrendered to the program of Alcoholics Anonymous and trusted a Higher Power and HOW IT WORKS where it states "There are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest".

For you to state that one's God is powerless over personality problems and insomnia is early sobriety is rather shortsighted. No offense intended.

I know scores of oldtimers who were saved from hopeless mental and emotional conditions ... conditions where all else had failed.

i wish you all the best.

Bob R
I see the notion of looking to a "Higher Power" as genuinely perceived by the individual, as very strong.
As for engaging a sponsor;for me, never.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you for all of the responses. I had made it 8 days but then over the past 3 days, I have been using again due to the sleep issue (as I mentioned).

Fortunately, it hasn't been long enough to relive the harsh assault of acute withdrawal... but I am starting to experience a little of the muscle and bone pain... so tomorrow will be my 2nd start.

I realize I will probably start all over as far as RLS and insomnia goes, but I'm ready for this now that I have an idea of when it may be over... for good!

Keeping my eye on the prize. Thank you all! I'm much more confident now.

PS... This "relapse" of sorts was not due to stress or being unable to handle life... it was just due to me needing some sleep and having no other solution. Hopefully now... I will have found my solution

My problem was very much so mental with the addiction... but right now... its more on the physiological side... emotionally, I'm ready.

My ever so supportive addiction MD says though "I think you are smart enough to quit through pregnancy... but I'm not sure you will stay quit after" ... is that support?