Notices

Something for the newcomers :)

Old 01-27-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Something for the newcomers :)

If you continually speak of your life as if you never feel good, things never turn out right, or nothing positive comes your way, you’ll more than likely end up being right. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that it takes courage to be happy.
You can choose to take all of your experiences and channel them into your own reality show based on fear and anxiety, or you can think of all difficulties as opportunities for creating something new.

The hardest, but most rewarding challenge in life is "Victory over one self". It took me 2 years of sobriety to understand that. It may not make sense to you right now, but I promise it will in the future.

This is a hard road to travel, but without a doubt absolutely worth it - I promise you that. Nothing else in this entire world will equal the satisfaction of truly accepting who you are. I wish I could give you all the gift of this, but it only comes from the journey itself. There will be many many bumps in the road, but if you hold on tight you won't fall off.

Stay strong my friends!

-Ryan
Old 01-27-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

True Ryan and "whether you think you can or cannot, you are right", is what comes to mind while reading your post.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
"As irrigators lead water where they want, as archers make their arrows straight, as carpenters carve wood, the wise shape their minds." ~Buddha
Old 01-27-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LDT

All the above ^^^^ Amen.

and may I add, even if you're not really " feeling it" at the time.....

"Act...As...If" and the feelings will come. .... Always works for me!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good post. It's always easier to find an excuse to not do something than to actually do it.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Love this post. Will try to embrace

Julynine

Old 01-27-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

THANK YOU FOR THAT POST. That is exactly right. That is something I have been numbing away for years (i.e., the fear and anxiety over the courage it takes to be the victor over my fear and anxiety).
Old 01-27-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great post Ryan. A good reminder that time takes time and the power in staying positive!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wise words, thank you.

It does take courage to deviate from the reality that most seem to be living in. We absolutely do create our own realities, at least to a degree. You can choose to see the good or the bad around you. Both are always available to be observed. I'm always grateful for my air conditioning and my running hot water that always works... and my flushing toilet. Imaging life without these things makes me humble and appreciative. I can go on and on for all the amazing things that most of us seem to take for granted. We are fortunate.