Notices

The Weirdest Thing Happened Today...

Old 01-25-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Weirdest Thing Happened Today...

I woke up today feeling great, and I couldn't help but feel so grateful and happy to be 23 days sober. The one thing that I have yet to do is attend an AA meeting. I really appreciate people who are supportive of he fact that there are many roads to recovery, as I have been unsure if AA is for me. The thought of it lingers in my mind all the time, though, and I know that I desire the face to face social support. So I copied and pasted locations/times of AA meetings I am interested in going to and printed it out, put it in the top of my desk drawer.

Right after this I went to the gym to carry out my new routine that I just started this week. Today I did a strength training routine that tired me out after the first set so I figured I'd jump on the nearby cardio bike for 5 minutes to rest those muscles and then do another set. I get on the bike, put my headphones on, start pedaling. I look up and the TV in front of me has "Millionaire" on. There was already a question up so I read it:

"What Organization encourages its members to find a higher power?"

Answer: Alcoholics Anonymous

I truly felt like the universe was speaking to me.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, that's what they call divine intervention haha.
Good job on getting so far, try a meeting you never know you may find it more beneficial than you thought.
I'm thinking of trying it too
Old 01-25-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I really think that people end up choosing the path that is right for them. I am myself starting to go to more meetings and have started going to step meetings. AA isn't the only meetings I go to. I go to other programs as well. For me knowledge is power and I don't want to limit myself. I'm trying to keep an open mind about everything. I can find something out of every program that is good for me.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyinBC View Post
I really think that people end up choosing the path that is right for them. I am myself starting to go to more meetings and have started going to step meetings. AA isn't the only meetings I go to. I go to other programs as well. For me knowledge is power and I don't want to limit myself. I'm trying to keep an open mind about everything. I can find something out of every program that is good for me.
LadyinBC, what other type of programs are there? Other than NA of course. I would like to see if I can find some in my area. Thanks
Old 01-25-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Umm, yes. I'm a firm believer that our HP sends subtle messages to us. It is up to us to receive them and act on them (or not).
Old 01-25-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

There is Smart Recovery and Women for Sobriety. I like both of them.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I won't go into all the details, but the "higher power" sent this to me to share here the other day. Janie, is there a sauna at your gym?

TEARS/BODY

The body is full of stuffed tears. Tears of grief and tears of rage and the steam makes the body cry. Then the body is ready to receive love.
--Angeline Locey, Hawai'ian Healer.

Many native cultures include steam baths as part of the natural healing process and ongoing care of the body.

We store so much in the body. We eat too much, and we put in foods that are too fat, too sweet, too artificial, and we expect the body to receive all of this with no help. We put in feelings and emotions that we don't know how to process, or that we've forgotten how or refuse to, process. Slowly the body becomes "stuffed" with "tears."

We need to give the body the opportunity to cleanse itself. We need to rid ourselves of stored-up grief and rage so we that have the opportunity to receive what is there for us.

***When I confuse being stuffed with being contented, I have some learning to do. I can start by letting my body cleanse itself.***

Native Wisdom for White Minds
Ballantine: 1995
Old 01-25-2013, 09:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My gym doesn't, but I have access to an indoor pool that does. How long do you think is good to stay in it?
Old 01-26-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lol!! How funny Janie, isn't it cool when life throws us little messages? I'm not a huge religious person, but I have found over the years that life surprises you when you least expect it and it leaves you going "Ah ha!"
Old 01-26-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I can't comment on AA but totally agree that regular steams and saunas help me feel not just physically,but mentally better
Old 01-26-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That is fantastic. I am starting to become a believer in Karma. Just put the feeling out there and the universe will do the rest.