Notices

Flu :(

Old 01-24-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Flu :(

Heading back to the doctor for the second day in a row. Fever is 103.6 with medicine, shaking as I try to type this and feel like I can't catch my breath.

Everyone in my house has now had it, my husband stayed home today to take me to the doctor, he still isn't 100%, but would have went to work except I got anxious and didnt want to be alone. Love him for that.

Fingers crossed that this will go away soon.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Heading back to the doctor for the second day in a row. Fever is 103.6 with medicine, shaking as I try to type this and feel like I can't catch my breath.

Everyone in my house has now had it, my husband stayed home today to take me to the doctor, he still isn't 100%, but would have went to work except I got anxious and didnt want to be alone. Love him for that.

Fingers crossed that this will go away soon.
Best wishes for recovery. Trying to stay sober and then dealing with other illness is no fun. Our whole house had that flu a couple weeks back, the kids had high temps like that too but fortunately the really high fever only lasted about 24-36 hours for most of them.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Delilah,

I hope you feel better soon. That's nice of your husband to take off work to help you. You're a kind soul and I wish you the best.

I had a nasty cold last month, not the flu. It was frustrating because I was working a seasonal job at a kiosk for Hickory Farms at a mall and the foot traffic was really slow, which made the job boring.

As Xmas drew near, business started to pick up, and the job became less drudgery. I don't mind ringing people up all day, but standing there staring into space with a sample on a toothpick and no one walking by makes the time go really slow.

Unfortunately I missed the 2 weeks before Xmas due to the nasty cold. Then it would have been more like a regular job. But doling out food samples with a runny nose having to get out the handkerchief every 2 minutes wasn't workable.

Oh well. There is a certain perverse satisfaction in being sick. You have an excuse to be a lazy bum and just lay in bed all day, drifting in and out of consciousness.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Zee

Unfortunately, January seems to be the worst time for illnesses (in the northern hemisphere) I had a flu jab last october, but it didn't stop me getting a really nasty sinus/head cold a couple of weeks ago, still got it actually, made me deaf, dizzy and really out of it... I said to my husband..'I feel drunk but not in a good way!' Just keep up the fluids ans sweat it out... you'll laugh about this in a few weeks, take care xxx
Old 01-24-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA member

Sorry you are poorly delilah,scary when you feel like you cant breathe.

Keeping you in my thoughts.

Sending you a:ghug3
Old 01-24-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery...

I am trying to be kinder and gentler here at SR. I've changed my signature to one that does not mention brand X recovery program.

But I can't help myself--I've just gotta ask the question--did you get a flu shot?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
I am trying to be kinder and gentler here at SR. I've changed my signature to one that does not mention brand X recovery program.
Thank you for that. I find signatures of any sort annoying. Who wants to read the same thing over and over again?

If someone writes something I disagree with in a post, I only have to read it once and can ignore it, but when I have to see it over and over again, it sticks in my craw.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Get well soon!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Aw I'm sorry. We've all been sick here too. I don't know if it was the flu since we all had the flu shot but it seems to have passed quickly.

I hope you feel better soon!!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am sorry to hear you are sick. I have some kind of lung infection that will not go away . I guess it loves me. I have been squeezing lemons every day and drinking water. I can't imagine what condition I would be in if I was still drinking every day. Get Better
Old 01-24-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Not Alone

I remember posting in a similar thread about how I am now just grateful I realise that I am ill. I must have had countless flus and other medical problems and just assumed they were part of using. I'm not saying be grateful you have the flu. Well no that is what I'm saying. You feel like crap but you will feel better soon. At least you know you feel like crap....I'm gonna stop talking. I hope you get better soon. Standard chicken soup and vitamin c

Natom.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
xuse

Guess its everywhere .im sick with it to best wishes.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Keep me updated, I will worry!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you are so ill Delilah. Sending you get well wishes over the interweb.

S x
Old 01-24-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I've got a nasty cold right now myself but I think the worst is over. Hopefully the worst is over for you soon too. Feel better Delilah.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

((((Delilah))))

Good for you going to the hospital and not messing around! I spent a few days in the hospital some years ago with the flu. It's nothing to wait around to get treatment. Please let us know how you're doing when you can. In the hospital they will help you stay hydrated. I got IVs some antiviral meds. Expect to be a little weak for a few weeks. but it gets better!

Love from Lenina
Old 01-24-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
Sending prayers for a speedy recovery...

But I can't help myself--I've just gotta ask the question--did you get a flu shot?
Nope, didnt get a flu shot, but I WILL be getting one next year!!!! Last year I got the flu shot and got sick, so I figured I would skip this year and since I have been taking vitamins and eating healthy. In hindsight, the flu shot would have been a better idea!
Old 01-24-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Natom View Post
I remember posting in a similar thread about how I am now just grateful I realise that I am ill. I must have had countless flus and other medical problems and just assumed they were part of using. I'm not saying be grateful you have the flu. Well no that is what I'm saying. You feel like crap but you will feel better soon. At least you know you feel like crap....I'm gonna stop talking. I hope you get better soon. Standard chicken soup and vitamin c

Natom.
I was thinking the same thing Natom, I do not have to worry about confusing a hangover with being sick!
Old 01-24-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Delilah,
Hoping you're feeling better soon. I'm a big believer in lots of rest when sick, give the body a chance to heal. So take to your bed
Old 01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks for all of the healthy wishes, and I am sorry some of you are sick too!! Doctor gave me tamaflu, antibiotics for ear infection, and medicine for cough. He also gave me shots for the migraine and nausea. Staying home from work tomorrow, and hopefully will be back to myself on Monday.

My mother in law picked up kids from school for us and also made us some homemade soup. We are lucky to have her!