Notices

One Less Worry.....

Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One Less Worry.....

Good day all....
Today, on my 30th day sober after a particularly bad relapse in the fall, I dont have to look very hard to see already how much better my life is sober. One thing that strikes me evident is that my level of worry and stress has dramatically decreased. Lets be honest, drinking really is worriesome. I worried about having enough to drink, worry about driving, worried about hiding booze, worried about getting found out, worried about when the store would open again, worried about shaking trembling hands, worried and obsessed over Alcohol. Alcohol was one big worry to me. Today, I can wake up with steady hands, without wondering when I can get that first drink in me, I can approach this new day with clear eyes and clear conscious..I am so grateful today to have left that one big worry behind me.....
Old 01-24-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Worry about your mortality. Worry about people smelling it on you. Worry about the cashier seeing you every other day. It seems endless.

Congratulations!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

congrats, so glad to hear your new life is going so well. sobriety is so much easier, if you think about it. I just dont have the first drink.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on thirty days sober!! Yes, drinking brings a load of worry and trouble. So glad to be without it.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had all those same worries quite often whenever I drank. And it sounds so crazy that right now I want very badly to go out and get a couple of bottles of wine. I went through all of these horrible feelings about life and myself just yesterday morning including all of the worries listed above. I told them all to my therapist, which meant I said them out loud and acknowledged them, and I can't stop thinking 'If I just accomplish this one task that I have to do today, then I can go out to the liquor store'.

Thanks for posting and congrats on the 30 days.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by duane1 View Post
Worry about your mortality. Worry about people smelling it on you. Worry about the cashier seeing you every other day. It seems endless.

Congratulations!
Ditto to that. I would add to that spontaneously bursting blood vessels on my arm and how to explain them to an employer.

I've also had to cancel therapy appointments because I was going through withdrawals and didn't feel safe to drive. I will not drive if I've even had a sip of beer. Period. And that reduces my options.

Alcohol also makes the libido go limp and also cuts out hunger, so malnutrition sets in.

I can't help but think of the lyrics to the Burt Bacharach song:

"One less bell to answer,
One less egg to fry."
Old 01-24-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

I'm happy for you!

Keep moving forward!!!!!

With hugs & love,