Notices

Addicted, scared and feeling alone.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Addicted, scared and feeling alone.

I am a 33/f and addicted to meth. It has taken over all my thoughts and my life. Admitting I have a problem is the easy part. Quitting is not. I had almost 30 days clean at the beginning of the year, but gave it up and been on a binge ever since. All day ..every day. I have quit taking my meds, quit going to therapy and barely make it to work everyday. I am feeling very angry at myself, depressed and just not able to see light at the end of the tunnel right now. Most of all at this moment I am feeling so alone. Even though I know I'm not. Meth hasn't destroyed my life yet, but it's working on it. No one close to me knows about my use. Only my therapist knows. I want to open up to my best friend. She will understand and love me no matter what, but I'm sooo scared.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome and dont give up
You have come to a good place, and at least you arent in denial. Pat on the back for that. You can overcome this, and you arent really alone.
Please keep posting.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Tenaciousgirl, and welcome. From my experience, best friends like it when you let them do their job. Let her understand and comfort you, and remind you of all the reasons you are worth quitting and deserve so much more than to feel like this. That's what she's there for! This forum is also a great place to meet amazing people who have been through many of the same emotions and experiences. Please stick around!
-alison
Old 01-24-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I ditto Windancer; don't give up! You have made a wonderful step reaching out on this site! Meth is crazy addicting and obviously you realize how it takes your life over; could you schedule an appointment with your therapist? Maybe if you talk with your best friend she could help you make the phone call to your therapist. Do they have a social detox or recovery program you could go to in your area?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your comments. I actually have an appointment with my therapist scheduled today. It's been a battle in my head whether I'm going to go or not. None of this is a secret to her. I just feel like I'm wasting her time. Detox I'm not sure about. Recovery programs yes. It's just the obstacle of getting the time off and the money to go. Opening up to my best friend will be my first step. Sooner than later.