Notices

newbee and my plans and history.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
instant

Great you are here- good to hear you are evaluating where you are at and taking some steps in a positive direction. To be honest I did wonder if you are at risk of a very rough ride withdrawing- and I hope it does not come to pass.

what ever you choose keep coming back and let us know how you get on

If you do not want to join a program, or seek supervised or medically assisted detox at this stage it is your call.

The journey begins- it is worthwhile
Old 01-25-2013, 11:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am sure a doctor would probably be a good thing. I do think I am going to be OK
Like I have heard all my long drinking life. If the drinker doesn’t want to quit they wont. I do and will quit drinking. I hope I learn to enjoy life without it, I can honestly say I enjoyed the last five days of drinking days more than the last five days of sober days. But I know it will be much better as I make myself better.

I am calling it a sober day when I don’t get drunk I know many don’t agree the few I will Call them Medicinal beers won’t get me drunk. So I call my self five days sober!!

Day Five:
Last night was the best night sleep yet. Went to bed about 11:30 ish and stayed sleeping until just after 2:00 woke knowing I was dreaming but couldn’t remember any detail. Mostly work stuff frustration unable to fix problems or communicate well in my dreams. I stayed up watching TV and fell back asleep I would guess an HR who knows for sure. Woke back up about five with a bit of a wet t-shirt must have been sweating some. Changed shirt went back to sleep for another HR. After I woke up I was in a foggy state of mind kind of hard to explain. After coffee and breakfast I was good to go.
Had one of my most productive days of work in a long time that made me feel very good. Came home after work planed on drinking two beers as the read on slowing before quitting had suggested drank one and something was telling my don’t drink another. There was something else telling me don’t forget about that 18-Year-old gold label Johnny walker in the liquor cabinet. Sounds like one would be good now two Ice cubes and it would be but I am not going there.
We keep so much booze in the house; you can make any cocktail you like. I feel no point to pour it out. If I am going to drink again I will get booze. IF I can’t keep myself out of the cabinet I couldn’t keep myself from going to the store or having it delivered witch we often have done over hear.