Notices

How did I let myself become a crack head?

Old 01-24-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 1 has gone well so far. I have avoided 3 calls and ignored and deleted the voicemails without reading them. Felt good. I have the control. Not the crack!!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by legna View Post
If you are addicted and live long enough you will absolutely sell yourself.
I use to think that I would never be like the guys on the street passed out and no where to go. I would walk to the liquor store in my nice winter coat and think my **** didn't stink cause I had a job, money and a place to live.

When I finally quit I realized that I could have seriously ended up like that! It was humbling to realize that.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I was once a crackhead too.

Once I stopped hangin out with others who used crack I was able to quit. Lost a few so called friends but it was well worth it.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I will not call off the search

Originally Posted by Omnom View Post
Day 1 has gone well so far. I have avoided 3 calls and ignored and deleted the voicemails without reading them. Felt good. I have the control. Not the crack!!

Heres a pat on the back for you, well done thats fantastic. 1 day at a time!! Just keep on listening to everybody here, I did and it helps alot
Old 01-25-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
...than never

Do you drink when you use? I found that I loathed crack unless I was drunk. For me the only way to stop the crack was to stop the drinking first.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Better late, in all honesty I don't drink much when I use. I have always just been a drinker. I don't even rely like pot. Never used pills either. I have a thallus drank less lately because I have been smoking crack. Kinda wierd now that I think about it. Oh yeah.. Day 2
Old 01-25-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Om and congrats on day 2!

You're making a great decision to take action now. Our addiction always tells us "one more time won't hurt" and before we know it, months or years have gone by and it's even harder to stop.

Stay strong and keep up the good work..... the cravings/urges will fade over time and you'll be so glad you did this!:ghug3
Old 01-26-2013, 02:32 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

2 days!!! Heres another pat on the back from me to you
Old 01-26-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

It's 3 days now I'm still ignoring the calls. I think what will stop me if I'm in the position to do it again is the comedown. It's so awful it makes the high not worth it.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It's 3 days now I'm still ignoring the calls. I think what will stop me if I'm in the position to do it again is the comedown. It's so awful it makes the high not worth it.
Don't forget that Omnom, and congrats on day 3!!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Good going on day 3, and thanks for keeping us posted!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Crack and alcohol are very different so I do not think combining them is common. I do not know many other crackheads or former crackheads though so I could be wrong.

Early on I would have a drink to prevent me from using crack that night. It worked, but I was afraid of becoming an alcoholic. So I cut out drinking and began my fight with crack.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Most of the users I know also drink alcohol on a daily basis but personally I do not combine nor have a desire for alcohol. If I go out lets say to a club and have lots to drink it usually triggers an overwhelming urge to use drugs too.

Omnom congrats on day 3!!!! Keep earning these pats on the back and i'll reward you with a sticker lol
Old 01-27-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm still here and I made it another day. I did have a few beers with a friend but that's not the issue. I managed to avoid another day without it around my life.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I caved I smoked today. Made it a week. I have a problem with the money. I get money and ten I get the itch. Does anyone have any suggestions. You know what, and I hate to say it but I like it. I like to get high and escape from everything. It's awful. I started a new job Monday and tomorrow is my third day. A really good job too. I'm sitting in my driveway high as a kite right now knowing I have to work in the morning. Any tips on how I can get money and not think to get a piece or two or three. Again with the Pringles one is never enough. I did pay a bill and got stuff I needed and put gas in my car so I'm not that bad right? Oh boy. Any suggestions how to make my come down easier? Not looking forward to this.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:07 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Never say never...

I don't like waking up broke for one night of partying.
Ugh!! I remember that craptastic feeling. I used to do alot of coke (just snorting) way back when, before I had kids....a pocket full of cash quickly turned into a pocket ful of nothing....and then some when we'd run out at 2-3-4am for one last 8-ball, on the cuff. If I had all of the money I've spent on that, booze and other sh*t over the years, I'd be quite well off.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm okay.. Fell off but I'm in treatment now. alot has happened in the past month. I started dating a nice guy but blew it cause my mind is so messed up. I told him I wasn't ready and he begged me to date him. In the end I screwed it up cause I'm not 100 percent with myself. Oh well. I have joined a twelve week program with a counselor. Wish me luck AGAIN
Old 03-20-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Omnom, way to get back on the horse and try again!!

GOOD FOR YOU!!

I'm wishing you the very best!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:39 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

still here and still battling every day. Im on day 8 yet again but Im still trying and coming here.
I just put a deposit down on a new apartment and I am moving in next week. Im so excited I cannot wait. Here is to new beginnings.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

On coke...

I just wanted to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on

I never felt so horrible when the downer came. Never ever I was so depressed, time and time again.
Nowaydays I'm greatfull for the after-using-down, it was so freakin horrible I just couldn't use anymore. It became the reason I gave up.

I've gave up on coke a small 1.5 years ago now. Had countless of very strong cravings, but each and every time the memory of feeling so LOW kept me from using.

Nowadays i'm in the safe-zone. Thoughts about using sometimes occur, but they are no longer strong and I can push them easily aside. I can never use again, just can't.

You can quit, you truely can.
If.....
You are willing to do the things that need to be done to actually quit.

It will take two years of your life.
Maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more depending of your using.

Then you are free (again)