Notices

Abusing

Old 01-23-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Abusing

I need help with withdraw. I just stopped using Heroin today. Last night was my last time using.
I only used for about a month. I'm pretty sure I'm getting withdraw symptoms even though it's only been a month. I feel so sick. can someone please help me an tell me how long I will feel sick?
Old 01-23-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

maddie, do you have health insurance? If you do, that usually covers medical detox which would help you to be more comfortable.

From what I know, withdrawals from opiates can be flu like symptoms and your bones feel painful.

***DISCLAIMER*** We have a rule here though about giving out medical advise, just so you know. I really hope you can do a medical detox, it would be the best way for you to get through it. Good luck!! And welcome to SR.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome maddiepage -

I'm so sorry you're going through this and hope you're able to see a doctor for help. Where do you live? There may even be free or low-cost detox in your area.

I'm glad you're reaching out today - there are others here who have been in your shoes and I'm sure they'll want to offer their support. :ghug3 Check out our substance abuse forum, too:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/