SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Can't believe my sad news my dad passing away :( xxx (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/281972-cant-believe-my-sad-news-my-dad-passing-away-xxx.html)

me01 01-23-2013 04:31 PM

Can't believe my sad news my dad passing away :( xxx

Hello everyone how r u all? The last week as been the hardest time in my life I have ever had to go throw on the 18.01.2013 my suffered a heart attract in work which caused him to died in work I really can't express how I feel it's the worse feeling ever especially wen he was waiting for a kidney transplant. With him having kidney problems it as made his heart weak. My mum as been under going all tests to help my dad and was a perfect match and my mum was due to give my dad a kidney on the 29.01.2013 and now we our having is funeral on the 29.01.2013. I really am broken hearted and life won't be the same without my dad. Please if you have got the time go on the Liverpool echo website and have a look at the story they av wrote bout brian collins the caretaker it is the most lovely story you have ever read. Even tho I am goin throw this bad time my dad must be looking over me coz I have managed to stay clean carry on doin me meeting and and carrying doing my step work, I think cos I know deep down that's all my dad wanted, I'm more determent to stay clean and carry on with my recovery coz that's all he wanted, hope u are all ok and staying clean and sober, take care stay safe. Xxxxxx

Impurrfect 01-23-2013 07:04 PM

((me01)) - I'm so very sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers to you and all who loved him.

Amy

me01 01-24-2013 06:54 PM

hello impurrfect

Thank you so much jst cant believe my dad as gone life just isnt the same but do you what i am jst grateful i got clean and sober b4 he died and i know he was proud of me jst want to carry on making him proud of me but its so hard, really am grateful for na meeting and my 12 steps and all also SR THANK U ONCE AGAIN XXX

grandma12 01-24-2013 07:19 PM

Me01, I am truly sorry for yours and your family's loss. You are so right the best way to honor your Dad is to follow through with sobriety. Hugs

PeacefulRain 01-24-2013 07:45 PM

My dad had a heart attack and died at work too. I know that pain you are feeling right now. Many hugs and prayers for you.

LexieCat 01-24-2013 07:50 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have another friend whose dad passed away today.

Hugs, glad you are taking good care of you and your recovery! You're right, that's what he would want for you.

Received 01-24-2013 08:07 PM

Such a lovely tribute to your father at the Liverpool Echo website.

I'm so sorry for your loss. He was obviously a wonderful Grandfather, father and husband.

Check in with us often as you are able to, please.

shoreladylu 01-24-2013 09:21 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss. Treasure the fact that your father saw you clean before his passing. I'm sure he was proud of that. Keep working hard at your sobriety and know that you're still making him proud. Peace and strength to you and your loved ones. :)

duane1 01-24-2013 09:26 PM

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family me01. I lost my father a few months ago, so I know right where you're at.

Soberween 01-24-2013 09:31 PM

I'm sorry. My mother died this time of year and it's been 21 years now and it still depresses the hell out of me. My prayers are with you.

Cleopatra1 01-25-2013 02:03 AM

so sorry for yr loss meo1,, keep being strong and brave xxx
lv cleo xxxx

raja12 01-25-2013 02:51 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad 14 years ago to a heart attack as well. Your staying sober through this is truly a tribute 2 your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

SIPD 01-25-2013 04:08 AM

Truly sorry for your loss Me01...big hugs...

Anna 01-25-2013 06:02 AM

I am really sorry for your loss.

My Dad passed away on January 5th and I've been amazed at the roller-coaster emotions I am going through.

Try to allow yourself some time to grieve in your own way.

MIRecovery 01-25-2013 06:30 AM

Sorry for the loss of your father. Two friends recently died in a freak auto accident. Saw them at Thanksgiving and now they are gone.

The line that helped me most was, "God determined that they had completed their mission on earth."

Unfortunately death is part of life but it is how we deal with it that makes all the difference.

Stay sober and rejoyce in the memories.

chicory 01-25-2013 06:42 AM

I am so sorry for your loss of your Father. The tribute about him was beautiful, and it is a loss for many people who thought so much of him. My sincere sympathies to you and your family.
Staying sober is honoring your dad in the finest way. He surely got much comfort and joy in your recovery. Be strong. You can do this, and you have a great support system. Life is joy, sorrow and pain and happiness, all those things , and how we deal with the tough times make the good times even sweeter.
my best to you. May your Father rest in peace, knowing how loved he is.

LindseyMarie 01-25-2013 07:21 AM

Me01, I'm very sorry to hear that your father passed away. You and your family are in my thoughts and that's great that you are being so strong. God bless

phoebe64 01-25-2013 07:31 AM

Me01, I am very sorry for your loss. Hugs to you. It sounds like you are making him proud. I lost my own father almost a year ago.

Sasha4 01-25-2013 01:52 PM

Me ....I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad.

Keep going mate, keep doing him proud and achieve all you want to achieve.
Do it in memory of your Dad.

I am sending you lots of love and please know I am thinking of you.

Take lots of care xxxX

lilgolden73 01-25-2013 01:55 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss, I have been there, my gpa raised me and when he died in 08' it started a series of deaths in my life and I haven't been the same since. I have no wise words for you, except to stay sober, thats what he would want. Many hugs and good thoughts your way!