Notices

Can't believe my sad news my dad passing away :( xxx

Old 02-23-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

me! How are you doing? For some reason you popped into my mind today when I was driving to an event.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi me. I only joined SA in February, so only seeing this thread now. I lost my father a year and half ago quite suddenly too. I understand your pain and commend you for staying sober at this trying time. Sending you support and hugs x
Old 02-27-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

aww really received thats nice to know i am in your thoughts im ok plodding on as best i can clean and sober, been on a peer mentor course the last two week so that as kept me busy and start me volunteer course with mersey care the drugs and alcohol team which will keep me busy my dad really must be close to well that is what i feel anyway coz even thow i am broken inside i am getting throw things and all the good things to do with my recovery and job wise that me and my dad talked bout b4 he died are all starting to come together just wish he was still here in person to give me a cuddle but i truely believe what ever i do now he will guide me thank you for your lovely message really does mean alot. How r u recieved?

aww thank you for your message tammy i really am sorry to here bout you father its the worse feeling ever isnt, How are you managing to get throw it, If you have a look on the liverpool echo and type in my father name brian collins you will c all the lovely stories bout my father there is goin to be another lovely one in tomorrow, Hope you are ok and i am here if you ever want to talk and welcome to SR it really is a good website i have found alot of confort from it everyone as been really love coz not only av i lost my father i lost my uncle b4 christmas and also slip up with my partner but i keep praying and doin my work and im getting throw it

Take care to you both sending big hugs and xxxxxxxxxx
Old 02-27-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm doing well, me. Thanks for asking.

It's great to hear from you and although you are certainly saddened by the loss of your dad it appears he remains quite close to you in spirit.

Huge (((((hug))))) backatcha!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

My condolences.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Just read the article, me. He sounds like a lovely man. The article, brought tear to my eye, you can tell how much he was loved by all. You must feel so proud of him as he does you. Well done for getting through things (sober, job etc) at this trying time. I lost all motivation after my dad (Brian!!) died and got stuck in my grief. I've learned we all handle/cope with grief differently. Just have to do what works for you. I too am here, if you need to chat. Thinking of you x
Old 03-02-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Aww thank u tammy I really am proud me and my family loved him very much but to c how much his friend and work friends loved as much it is very touching, there was a piece in the paper the other day as well check it out what the school are goin to be doin for him it blows me away, miss him soooooooo much I pass my peer mentor course on Friday being doin it the last two week and I start my volunteer work with the drugs and alcohol team on Monday can't wait, how u? All good I hope, was ur dad name brian as well is that what u mean? It really does affect us in different ways but I'm just grateful my dad seen me clean and sober and I want to carry on making him proud as he told me was before he died, are you coping better with things now? I'm always here if u need me take care sending hugs xxxxx
Old 03-02-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks for the update, me. It's good news that you're going ahead with your plans and doing great things with your life.

Tammy's right - we all handle it differently. I doubt I'd have been strong like you've been, me.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

yea, Me, my dads name is Brian. I'm sure theres 2 Brian's looking down on their 2 sober daughters, proud right now I'm coping better now but still have the odd heart breaker moment! Keep up the strength x
Old 03-05-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

aww thanks hevyn im sure u are doin well now tho and thats all that matters, how r u now and what av u been up to, thank u once again for following my stories hevyn i know u have all the time and that means the work to me sending hugs and xxxxxx

aww u sure are rite tammy they would be very proud i really am amazed how well i am doin and i know that is my dad guiding me and doin the things im doin. im glad u are coping better now and we all av that heart breaking moments from time to time that normal, ive been in touch with another fortune teller cant help my self lately im a sucker for them more since my dad as died, this one ive heard all good stuff bout and everyone that as been to c her its all come true wen my mum rang her the first time just by the 1st phone and we av never in are lifes spoke to her or even met her and she knew my mum was in her bedroom and told her my dad was standing next to her and he is always with us and that he was goin to help me, my mum and my dad sister give up the ciggys and we've all stopped smoking its amazing and she also told me mum to tell me to stop worrying im doin great its just blow me away and that were ever me dad is he is learning to work with children that av passed away that av been abused in there past he is learning to work with them can believe it and me dad loved children she is comimg to are family home on tue cant wait to here what else she as to say so excited haha how are u today? sending hugs and xxxxxx
Old 03-06-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thats great, and so comforting for you all. Important to be there for one another at this time especially. Nice to know they are around us
Old 04-09-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=me01;3786801]
Old 04-09-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

me01 - I couldn't send you a PM about your request - it looks like you took care of it though.