Notices

Coincidence? My HP? Both?

Old 01-23-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Huh?

I was just folding laundry, being productive & quite happy cleaning up the messy & nasty house of my former life. Second day in a row of being SUPER productive -- I love it!

Well, the AV seems to be quite weaker and less persistent the last couple of days, ever since I decided & accepted that I have an allergy to alcohol and, thusly, don't drink. But, Gollum (what I call my AV), popped up in my head while I was folding laundry just now. Seemed a bit more hot to trot than he has been for a few days. I didn't like it one bit. So I told him to sod off!

Then, not 20 seconds later, a song comes up on Pandora that I only vaguely recognize, and I consider changing the station but can't because I'm too busy folding a shirt.

Then I realized what the song is -- it's a very sad song that we listened to, twice, for my alcohol education classes. It moved me a lot, because pictures of alcholism and its effects were greatly synched with the lyrics of the song. I had never heard the song before until those classes.

I immediately put Pandora on pause and came on here to write this. Right after a fairly strong AV temptation, and this song happens to come on?

Coincidence?
My HP at work???
Both?

Does it even matter?

Now I'm gonna go listen to it and fold some more laundry!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think it was very serendipitous. They say when things like that happen, it means you're on the right path. Synchronicity in life or something like that. I love when those things happen. Keep up what you're doing!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I like to think there are NO coincidences.

When you are open to them, good things have a chance to come in.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nothing is coincidence, IMO. Being sober allows us to actually see & feel our hp at work I love that you've named your av!