SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   addicted day one (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/281909-addicted-day-one.html)

trikyriky 01-23-2013 02:43 AM

addicted day one

Recently posted had four days clean. Last night relapsed. Day one again. Asking god and you to let give me strength

whiskeyman 01-23-2013 05:40 AM

thats the longest i could ever make it. 4 days.
then back to it. so many day 4s

do you have support that you can cling to on day 5.
something to hang on to for the first bumpy bit.

Bonnie1 01-23-2013 05:44 AM

Day One again here too Triky. It's a horrible feeling. Stick with it and I'm sure that we can get through to Day Two.
Have you any plans on what to do for the rest of the day?

shoreladylu 01-23-2013 05:56 AM

The longest I could make it in the past was 6 days. Something about a week scared me I think. Today I'm on day 20. Coming to SR and reading all the stories has really kept me focused. Keep reading. Post even if you feel like what you're saying might not have much value (I feel that way sometimes). The connection to others who are going through the same battle really gives me motivation to stick with it. You can do it! Don't think about getting past 4 days, just take it one day t a time. I will not drink today, and can't worry about tomorrow- it's cliche but works for me.

SIPD 01-23-2013 06:29 AM

I feared day 1 and 2 and here i sit at day 27...you can do this TrikyRiky...hang around here, everyday...all day if ya want....this helps....find meetings in your area....so many people attend meetings on day 1....

2granddaughters 01-23-2013 06:51 AM

I found my strength and direction at the tables of AA and NA.

I wish you success in your chosen program.

All the best.

Bob R

Delilah1 01-23-2013 07:04 AM

Glad you came right back here and posted, I spent a lot if time on here the first few weeks, I still check in every day. You can do this.

Do you have any supports other than SR in place?

trikyriky 01-23-2013 07:47 AM

Thank u all. I am going to try NA got a friend who had success there. Been making every excuse not to go ( do it on my own) . Also plan spending a lot of time here
I have to my mood swings are affecting my family relationships

;

2granddaughters 01-23-2013 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by trikyriky (Post 3786131)
Thank u all. I am going to try NA got a friend who had success there. Been making every excuse not to go ( do it on my own) . Also plan spending a lot of time here
I have to my mood swings are affecting my family relationships

;

God, I hate those mood swings. We don't know who to believe ... which way is UP !!

NA will help you. All the best.

Bob R

sugarbear1 01-23-2013 09:05 AM

Come and chat in the SR chat room before you buy any more!

trikyriky 01-24-2013 08:45 AM

Thanks Sugar and all
I
will try chatroom . It cant hurt