SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Where are all the younger sober people at? (29 and under) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/281887-where-all-younger-sober-people-29-under.html)

Lilly88 06-19-2013 11:40 PM

I am 25 and I have decided to stop drinking. I am on day 5 and already starting to feel panicky about the up coming weekend. My whole social life was involved around drinking. However my friends would all have a few drinks and talk whilst I would sit in the corner and get more and more drunk and never want the night to end - they would go home about 1 I would still be drinking at 5am. Be in bed all the next day and not remember anything! I am feeling really fortunate I have realised I have a problem at the age of 25. I want to get myself back again - I feel drinking has hidden my personality and I am excited to be starting to getting to know myself again. I am going to find it hard to find things to do at weekend and think I need to find another social crowd that do not drink but like you I do not know where they all are....maybe I will just find a hobby :-)

hayley86 06-20-2013 12:37 AM

Im 27 and am now sober 8 and half months, finding it great so far, my life has turned around so much already.

Lilly88 06-20-2013 02:36 AM

This is such an awesome thread :-)

tired28 06-20-2013 02:55 AM

I am turning 28 this week and Im working on my 6th day of sobriety, although I have gone 5 days sober a lot. Not because I had any intention of quitting alcohol but just because after my last binge the anxiety became to much and I didn't feel comfortable going out around people. So I would give myself a few days to recover and fell somewhat "normal" again, and then I was back to my old "lets partayyy!!! self. I have tons of excuses to drink in the next week, I have a stag and doe this weekend, my friends big birthday bash this weekend, my b-day this week, all things I've been looking forward to for months now. But I chose not to attend any of them. Im putting myself, my kids, and my sobriety first. Im actually looking forward to spending my first birthday in a long time sober. I have reached out to mom and sum friends (all who drink a lot themselves) and surprisingly I've got a lot of understanding and support from them. They all said good for You, and my mom told me how proud she would be If I could turn my life around for the better. She admitted to me that she has had a problem with alcohol throughout her life but had just accepted it. She said that's shes been thinking about me often and how I could end up being her inspiration. More the reason to stay sober!!!! Im exited to prove to myself I can do this, and maybe start repairing the broken relationship I have with MYSELF. Good luck to you! much <3

SereneEdition 06-20-2013 07:18 AM

Hi - I'm 30 but in college and live on campus & much of my social life revolves around campus, so socially surrounded by a lot of alcohol. I have 5 months sober.

Glad that you started the thread!

Twoworlds12345 06-20-2013 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Soberish (Post 3785569)
Maybe he will be someday, I never thought ID be here at 24 years old. You stay strong too.

im 24 as well, and never thought id be here either, but hey ho, im on day 18 now, and feeling all the better for it :)