Notices

Feeling couped up.....

Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling couped up.....

Does anyone else ever feel like the outside world is going on without you? I'm sick right now and just laying down watching TV, but I feel like I'm missing out on something and I should be out hanging out with a friend even if they're not doing anything. Maybe I don't like being alone? I don't know I get this feeling a lot when I'm in my house by myself, but if I was doing the same thing with someone else here or on the phone with me I wouldn't feel this way. Anybody else feel this way sometimes?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah, sometimes I feel that way, especially late at night when I'm studying and doing homework. In a way it's a relief to me. The world shouldn't revolve around me, that's way too much pressure!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I definitely feel like that a lot! But I like the response from MythofSisyphus. That's a good way to look at it! But I have a difficult time being alone, and that's typically the case for me 90% of the time. I think that's why I drank so much. I think it just takes time and practice
Old 01-23-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Everyday whether I drink or not. But then the philosopher in me comes out and will ask something like "what is the world?" The world as we know it exists only in each persons mind subjectively and that isn't going anywhere... that's yours to keep. You have nothing to worry about.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I never feel couped up but I do often times feel like I wish I could escape and I hope my opinions here help you. I have a very busy life and I don't get much "me time" so I get stressed out a lot. However, I do look at my life from a different perspective when I meditate and thank the universe for the good that is in my life. If I had time to be cooped up like you say, I'd read the big book, meditate, pray, create some art, invite people to join my website, work out, go do some stretching, etc. to keep my mind healthy and occupied.

I hope that helps a little bit. I'm in my first 30 days so I'm likely not saying much that makes sense ha ha ha
Old 01-23-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
Yeah, sometimes I feel that way, especially late at night when I'm studying and doing homework. In a way it's a relief to me. The world shouldn't revolve around me, that's way too much pressure!
I get a lot of homework too and this is usually when its the worst! I like the way you put it though, thats a great way to look at the situation.

Originally Posted by rennie1108 View Post
I definitely feel like that a lot! But I like the response from MythofSisyphus. That's a good way to look at it! But I have a difficult time being alone, and that's typically the case for me 90% of the time. I think that's why I drank so much. I think it just takes time and practice
For me, this also was one of the reasons why I drank or used marijuana, to help kill the loneliness. Over time though, I just became more lonely with an addiction. Glad I'm back where I started, now I look forward to figuring out this problem without using drugs/alcohol as a crutch.

Originally Posted by Garen View Post
Everyday whether I drink or not. But then the philosopher in me comes out and will ask something like "what is the world?" The world as we know it exists only in each persons mind subjectively and that isn't going anywhere... that's yours to keep. You have nothing to worry about.
Thanks for the reassurance Garen. I'm kind of enjoying being sick with this nasty cough because I get to lay here on SR all day (besides going to school) and don't really have the option to go out and see what others are doing. It's different and I think I get caught up into the same routine much to often.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

!

Originally Posted by xAUROKONx View Post
I never feel couped up but I do often times feel like I wish I could escape and I hope my opinions here help you. I have a very busy life and I don't get much "me time" so I get stressed out a lot. However, I do look at my life from a different perspective when I meditate and thank the universe for the good that is in my life. If I had time to be cooped up like you say, I'd read the big book, meditate, pray, create some art, invite people to join my website, work out, go do some stretching, etc. to keep my mind healthy and occupied.

I hope that helps a little bit. I'm in my first 30 days so I'm likely not saying much that makes sense ha ha ha
It's good to see the other side of things. If I had to much to do that would probably suck even more than feeling coupled up. Thanks for pointing that out!