Notices

I'm afraid of being bored... for the rest of my life!

Old 01-24-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Now you've reminded me that I have a bee hive to get rid of. Is it safe to do that in winter? I maybe should wait for a colder day...

There isn't a next level. It all just needs to smooth out. I admit that I get some help from psychiatric meds. I have been married a total of 28 years, and know about women and hormones...

I hope you can find a sponsor. Mine, I never would have given you ten cents for when I first met him. Total nerd... and (this is a small town) I have a major resentment against a member of his family. Well, it has been really helpful to have someone to talk to about MY RECOVERY, once or twice a week, for the past two months. Now, I might even do a sweat with him!

By the way, the higher power put that there quote there. I know the author (Locey's) son--he was a runner in Hawai'i, he could always win any race he entered. And now, I am "struggling" (yeah, right, I'm sitting on my butt...) to get back into running. I am helping out at a race this weekend and next weekend, and plan on participating in the race next year. And then today I read about Locey!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by GForce23
thanks for hanging around my thread and giving positive feedback.
Of course...that's what SR is all about. Glad your beehive is intact

Yes, I've had some measure of success as I've been fortunate to have maintained my career. I have also led somewhat of a double life, the incongruency led to alot of problems for me. I have taken risks that compromise my safety and well being all throughout my life, and have even continued to do that many years removed from a drink or a drug. I don't, however, believe in "isms". Self-destruction was the order of the day for as long as I can remember, and still something that I work on....

However, I learned that I could be free from my addiction to alcohol, whether or not I actually tackle the other stuff. Figuring it all out would be great, but being unable to figure it all out will NOT lead me back to the bottle...in fact, nothing will. Ever.

xo
Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Of course...that's what SR is all about. Glad your beehive is intact
Figuring it all out would be great, but being unable to figure it all out will NOT lead me back to the bottle...
xo
Thanks-- I admire and aspire to your convictions, Soberlicious. And your right, it's probably best not to wait until I've "figured it all out" to quit drinking; or start again in the event that I never do. But, fortunately, that's not my plan!

I don't know where any of this is going to lead... I'm at a junction with few dicsernible sign posts--and the ones there are say, "which ever way you think is best is probably the direction you should go." And, from where I stand, paths and trails and roads and freeways are all winding off willy-nilly in all directions as far as my mind can see.

While I'm sure I'm not the only to have ever embarked on this journey, at the moment, knowing that doesn't make it feel any less solitary.

I don't know if I making any sense here at all. Over the last day or so, I'm just letting whatever comes to my mind--semi-stream of consciousness and just to see what comes out of it all.

Cheers!
Old 01-24-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

BTW,

If I'm around SR much in the next few days, it won't be because I've chosen to drink again. I've been recovering from the flu and I've had some time to spend here--and though you all have been wonderful and might helpful, I've got to get off the internet and get a life here this week!

So, I'll be back, but probably not so frequently over the next few days at least.

Here's to all the fellow travelers here on SR

Cheers.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gforce23 View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have a doctor. Can't afford one. Long story. However, I've been on several varieties of ADHD meds before, and they don't usually help with this problem or they wear off at some point.
Dare I ask - how did you get on these ADHD meds with no doctor?

And if you were on these meds while you were actively drinking, no wonder they didn't work.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

I really don't see sharks fun in poisoning myself. What's fun about a hangover so bad I have to lie in bed all the next day. What's fun about destroying the relationship with my husband and daughter. I can't do anything when I'm hungover I'm so ill, where's the fun in that. Anyway, when you go out to these so called fun places, sober, you see it for what it really is, the "fun" is actually inside your own head.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I was a daily drinker and a weekend binger. I gave up drinking and couldn't find anything to do. I had forgotten I was a mountain biker so I dusted off my bike and started riding again. I started building a fixie and learned the art of riding fixed. I spent what I would have drank on a few project bikes. At least I have something to show for it. I took my boredom and turned it into bikes. Find a passion and exploit it.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by choublak View Post
Dare I ask - how did you get on these ADHD meds with no doctor?
And if you were on these meds while you were actively drinking, no wonder they didn't work.
HMM, "Dare I ask" why you're making the assumption that I'm on them right now? I said I've been on them "before," like before meaning a previous point in time when I had a doctor. I'm not on them now, because I don't have a doctor--which if you've been reading my posts, you would know that some suggested that I see "my doctor" for ADHD treatment, to which I replied "I don't have one right now."

And, FYI I did drink when I was on meds, always in the evening like out with friends or whatever or partying my ass off on a Saturday night.
Also, WTF gave you the impression that they "didn't work?" "No wonder they didn't work?" Huh, well, screw you and the horse you rode in on buddy, and if you don't have anything of value to add to my thread, please take your high horse and ride on outa' here.

You don't have any understanding of ADHD, or ADHD meds, because usually they are stimulant meds and are out of your body after 6 hours-- 12, if they are "long acting." There are other "non" stimulant meds out there that are more like 24 hour meds, but I've never been put on those. In any case--and I'm not sure exactly why I'm spending time explaining this to you because well, second thought I'll keep that to myself.

Meds for ADHD are only one part of helping the disorder and are a not a "cure" for your life.

Anyhoo, I gotta go, I'm late calling Fast Eddy my Adderal dealer

Cheers.

P.S. Soberlicious, this is what I'm like when my bee-hive is poked. You won't be able to mistake it.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ost&p=3788883#
Old 01-24-2013, 10:05 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by GForce23
P.S. Soberlicious, this is what I'm like when my bee-hive is poked. You won't be able to mistake it.
LOL I see...eventually your hive will stay intact most of the time. These days mine has to be literally kicked to illicit a swarm, even then I have to decide if it's truly worth the energy. Usually it's not
Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

That guy is a jerk and WTF is he coming over here for and making "insinuations."

Does SR have Trolls?

Just wondering...

But yeah, I'd probably be better if I had less angry bees in my hive. I think I've got those killer Africanized bees. Shite, whaddam I gonna do, I'm Irish--is there recovery program for that!?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Oh yeah folks, day number 9 and going on 10 for no Alcohol.

Cheers.