Notices

Zzzzz SLEEP zzzzZ

Old 01-21-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Zzzzz SLEEP zzzzZ

Hi all

Day 22 here and I just cannot get enough sleep, so much so I am getting a little worried.

I work normal hours here 8:00 until 16:00, and I seem to perform well, actually, better then when I was a drinker, but come 4pm I am yawning and craving sleep.

Last night I was home at 17:00 I snoozed for a couple of hours, then had dinner and went to bed before 9pm, this is after sleeping most of Sunday.

Now, it's very dark and cold here but I haven't ever needed so much sleep.
Is it mental or physical?
Will it go away?

I wonder may it be that somehow I am replacing my cravings of alcohol for cravings of sleep?

Anyone in a similar position or have any thoughts I'd be grateful to hear, thank you.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

When I got to 4 months I started sleeping alot! I think I was making up for lost time. I'm enjoying to be honest.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's probably just your body trying to get used to some pretty big changes. I know I sure sleep better now than I did.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was pulling 10 hour nights for a while and probably still could if i wanted to. I don't know what to say, I blame the drugs, the alcohol, and the season. By the time summer rolls around I'll be sober nine months, if I don't feel better by then I'll be pretty discouraged.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
xuse

Congrats .
Old 01-22-2013, 01:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Not Alone

I actually love sleeping properly now. I get up for work on a Sunday between 6-7am which back in the old life would have been the time I had run out of drugs and gone home to bed. It's weird. I sometimes stay up into the early hours of the morning but not so much anymore really. I'd rather be sleepy all the time than have insomnia.

Natom.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Think about all of the quality sleep your body was deprived of when you were using. It is surely just catching up! Exercise actually gives me energy, so perhaps introduce that if you haven't already if you need more "awake" time.

Enjoy it. The body heals when sleeping.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I would gladly trade some of my chronic insomnia for regular 8 hour nights off sleep.
I do much better sober, but i've been awake since 1:15am, now i'm getting ready for work.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.

Maybe exercise is the key, especially as I have been eating so much since giving up the booze.

It must be my body in recovery, I was just hoping by 22 days I would start to feel less tired, but it seems I'm getting more tired as days go by... But this could also be the novelty of pure, deep, uninterrupted sleep, I can't get enough!!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm directly affected by the lack of daylight too.