Notices

Brand new. Need help and encouragement from SOMEONE!

Old 01-21-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trying to regain my sanity.

Unhappy Brand new. Need help and encouragement from SOMEONE!

Hello my name is Sasha. Im 22 from TX. I am here bc I need advise and inspirational words from someone who knows what I am going thru and ACTUALLY cares. I need Godly people in my life bc it is filled with so much chaos and uncertainty. I am trapped in a bad situation without means of transit most of the time...My parents are addicts. I literally am living in a d0pe house...

I have been searching for a rehab in the Dallas fort worth area (Denton County more specifically) that accepts my insurance and havent had ANY LUCK.

I have no ride to NA meetings. Im going to have to walk, which I desperately overweight to where it hurts to even walk for 10 mins.

My life is so out of control and I need deliverance from God and SOMETHING GOOD TO HAPPEN.

I just feel like I have a permanent storm cloud over my head.

I. Need. Help.
Someone....Anyone...
Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome Sasha,

Have you thought of going to a detox program for just a few days? There may be something very low cost or free.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Try contacting the Salvation Army. I am told they have EXCELLENT programs, and they may be able to give you some ideas about transportation.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

well...

Im not sure. Im honestly coming down but Im going to bed tonight and waking up and starting a new...I just have to lock myself in my room and resist the temptation of knowing that ppl in my house have it...Ugh I hate it.

I just want to be anywhere but here right now...
Old 01-21-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Lexi I forgot about that. We also have a CCA (Christian Community Action) that could possibly help even more.

I just have to get through tonight, fortunately for once I dont think there are any drugs here right now but they are still awake so I never know.

I somehow have to block out there existance...sigh its just not a good situation lol....
Old 01-21-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You'll be OK. Say your prayers and think about the happier future you are gonna build for yourself!

Sweet dreams.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

It sounds like a really bad situation. We can give you emotional comfort and advice, and help you block them out.

I hope you are safe and not having withdrawal symptoms or anything.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hope you are safe as well, and that tomorrow you can look into other alternatives.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Sasha, browse around the forum--look at some of the stories of what other people go through, and how they get better.

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SR helps me with some of the questions I have about the Narcotics Anonymous program I use to stay sober.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Lexie, sweet dreams to u as well.

Im safe now...things are pretty much winding down here. Im just worried about tomorrow. Im having a little bit of an urge for it but Im trying to distract myself as much as I can. I found that writing my thoughts and reading the bible and daily devotions help alot. They give me hope.

My trust and faith is down but I know God has a bigger plan for me...I just need to find a way to see and feel God's presence...

This house is like hell...literally. I think its cursed or the house is built over hell or something insane like that. This has been happening for YEARS. Its all my fathers doing. Its my nana's house but she is terrified of him. He is pretty much God of this place. He gets away with everything and always has. Well he has been to jail a few times but never any longer then 6 months. He was clean for a few months back in sept to like before christmas..but bc of his sick obsession to have a woman to control and treat like a piece of meat and like dirt. He is the most disrespectful, inconsiderate, and selfish person I have ever met.

Ugh I could go on and on. My story is full of chaos and unstability.

All I know is I have done this for almost 4 yrs and Im so ready to quit for good. I know I can overcome it with Gods help.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Cold...dont know ur alias lol. I have had a brand new NA book forever..I just want to goto meetings and get a sponsor and have them guide me through the steps. This is brand new to me and I need someone who has sober time and knows the program. Its just hard to get to NA bc of the ride situation...but I will find a way.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sometimes you can call central office and they will arrange a ride for you to get to a meeting, in case no one mentioned that yet.

My parents are addicts too. I know how you feel. I grew up in a crazy environment and raised myself much of the time. When I became an adult I also turned to substances because I thought that's just what people do! Now I'm sober in AA / NA. You are on the right track girl - get a sponsor, go to some meetings, do the work. I promise your life can change. Talk to God like you would talk to a close friend; anytime you are afraid remember you're not alone. I will keep you in my thoughts. You can do this. Make today a changing day in your life.

Also, have you ever seen the movie "Precious" ? Try to watch that film it will lift you up and inspire you. It's about a girl, like us, who grew up in a terrible home and made a good life for herself and her children in spite of some awful circumstances.

Hugs
Old 01-21-2013, 10:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Call this Woman in the morning, she should have a idea where you can get immediate rehab help and alternative housing.

Salvation Army
Shelagh Skipsey - Director
207 Elm St.
Lewisville, TX 75057
(972) 353-9400

I believe The closest full service Salvation Army rehabilitation centers which include housing, counseling and rehab is located in

DALLAS

The Salvation Army
Adult Rehabilitation Center
5554 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, Texas

214-630-5611

FORT WORTH

The Salvation Army
Adult Rehabilitation Center
2901 NE 28th Street
Fort Worth, Texas

817-834-6271
Old 01-21-2013, 10:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

thx

Aww thanks girl that really made me a lot better. I definitely have high hopes and Im not gonna give up. Its also good to know someone else had a similar upbringing to mine. :] If it doesnt kill us it makes us stronger right? I am just determined to break the mold...the statistics about inheriting it from our parents and ending up JUST LIKE THEM.

I refuse to give up like they did...well my mom is doing better bc of me...which is good. My dad is the one I really worry about but I cant let him bring me down...all I can do is continue to pray for them both..

Im really close to my mom and my dad has always been damn near heartless...but I know its buried in there somewhere....just have to chip away the ice...

Thanks again, and I have heard of that movie just never got a chance to see it. I'll def try to get my hands on that.

:ghug3
Old 01-21-2013, 10:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yea my dad is pretty much drinking and drugging his way to an early grave but I don't have to do that. I still try to be there for him - at a distance. I know that if I get too involved he will become a trigger for me.

Keep your chin up! Sounds like you will be around for a while and I can't wait to hear your success story.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh thanks sooo much! What a huge help! Haha <3 I'll be calling in the AM. Appreciate it!

:ghug3
Old 01-21-2013, 11:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thx babyjane. Have a good night. ty