Notices

Quit Drinking Tattoos

Old 03-17-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

3 more hours of shading done yesterday.. color is in about a month.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Stunning!!!

I have most of the outline of my sleeve done. Finish outlining and start shading on the 26th. Lovin' it!

That really is an amazing backpiece flutter...tough to stay away from the mirror right now, isn't it?!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Finally got color.. need about another hour of work and to rework that faded rose on the left shoulder:

Old 06-21-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

weirdly, i have just decided on my next tattoo. it will be #14 for me!

i already have a latin scroll in flames that means 'the eternal struggle within". i have had it about a year and did not get sober.

my new tattoo will be on the other side of my left forearm and will say 'propra vivere et singulos dies singulas vitas puta' which translates as 'make haste to live, and consider each day a life'. i will also have my sobriety date in roman numerals. add a few more flames and that's my lower left sleeve finished.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Flutter, it is so beautiful! That's for posting. It's been cool to see the progression from drawing to outline to shading and color.

Ippochick, I love the quote. Tomorrow I have my last sitting for my sleeve (right arm 3/4). Ive incorporated a bunch of images that are significant to me. No theme per se, unless you count "sh*t I love" as a theme.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Very nice tattoo flutter. I think that it is tastefully done. BRAVO!

As for getting tattoos with dates of sobriety? I think that this idea is not good. Another poster said something about having to put a line through the first tatt, and then getting a new date. Before you know it your whole arm is dates with lines through them.....Not a good look in my opinion. But, if the date sticks then we have nothing to worry about, yeah?
Old 06-21-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

<------ see my avatar. I got this when I was 4 months sober. I put it right on my forearm as a daily reminder. The lotus represents a new beginning. I love it. Some days when I'm thinking about a drink, I look at that tattoo and think how STUPID i'd feel once it didn't mean ANYTHING anymore. It's worth it for me.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi, I love tattoo's and think it is fab idea..
I have thought about having the serenity prayer on the lower inside part if my arm..
I have not made any decisions yet as I know it wld be quite a big/long tattoo and I have got little arms..
You will make the right decision 4 u but don't rush into it.
Take care x
Old 06-21-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Britt, very nice. I have the both the lotus and the "Om" symbol in my sleeve too.