Notices

Beyond Human Aid

Old 01-21-2013, 01:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Beyond Human Aid

I truly believe I was beyond human aid. I sought help thru medicine and psychiatry. Nothing worked........

After surrendering to the 1st step I found hope that maybe I could get sober. I found hope from other alkies. I opened my mind to a new idea. That is after I finally got off the pity pot.......
I had to be open to the idea that just maybe a power greater than myself could restore me to sanity....

For I truly was beyong human aid....

I began to relate to other alkies stories. I felt for the first time that someone did finally understand......
Some think that Insanity in the 2nd step is a little strong. We may have been drunks but insane?.........

However when I saw the things I did to get my drink, hide my drinking, the crazy things I did while drinking, the things I forgot while drinking, the morning after remorse and fear and then to do it all over again......

Well to me that doesn't sound like a person with a sound mind......

In light of all the consequences I had because of my drinking and drugging picking up again is pure insanity.........

And to go back to that after a period of sobriety?......

I was in jail 7 times. 5 detoxes, 4 treatment centers,5 psych wards and a nursing home and most of that was in the last 10 yrs..........

I was truly beyond human aid.....I define my behaviour as insane.....

I think being restored to sanity in the 2nd step means coming to a place where my alcoholism and it's accompanying insanity are not ruling my life......

When we are able to get the alcohol out of our systems we can begin to listen and take suggestions.......

Keyword here is "Suggestions". Take them and do them.......

One of those was to pray.......

Being restored to sanity by a power greater than myself was my only hope. No One could have helped me.......

I found God!! He found me. He used my problem to draw me closer to him but he did not create it. he used it to make me realize my need for him..

Being restored to sanity means to me that I will not have to use alcohol again, and I will learn how to live that way one day at a time......

I've gone to meetings and began to see how others were staying sober. They were living proof that if I were to put forth a little effort that I could begin on the road to recovery.They even said the obsession would go away. God had answered their prayers.......

I had to put my full trust in a power greater than myself. God.

I never would have believed it myself 11 mo.ago That my life could be so good. I guess God has other plans for me, and I am so excited to see what else he has in store.....

But I will never find that out if I drink again.......

I am getting better daily and I believe my higher power brought me to AA. Many people never find this program......

Many find it and do not nurture it.........

He really did hear those desperate prayers,lying in bed in the fetal position. I am so grateful. If you made it here today I believe he heard the crys of your heart too ...

If your struggling and have had a relapsed and made it back, I am glad but think about what you need to do to tighten up your program, I have learned so much for my last relapse...

I may not beable to help you, we need that power greater than ourselves. If I could have helped you stop drinking I would have helped myself . Right?..........

Each day I get a little stronger and each day I have to remember I have an illness and my medicine is trust in God and Alcoholics Anonymous. And if I pick up again I will place myself beyond human aid.I would be insane.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 01-21-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

Amazing post Deeker- you are an inspiration
Old 01-21-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Finding an answer that works well is critical for any alcoholic, as the alternatives are seriously unpleasant for everyone still connected to us.

When people who could not stay sober for long are able to live that way comfortably, it's remarkable. When they begin to care and do for others it's beautiful.