Notices

I need advice....please

Old 01-20-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need advice....please

I have 3 beautiful daughters. My oldest (20 year old) has addiction issues (opiates, pot, possible heroin). We have tried everything.....rehab, intervention and another rehab, 2 outpatient rehabs, soberhouse......she's just moved in with her dad (we all work together- me, my new husband, my ex husband). Yesterday she got into a major accident (cars totaled thank God no one hurt). Of course it was her "failed brakes" (always someone's else's fault). Now she doesn't have a car (which I'm glad about). When I saw her at hospital she looked 35 years old. It just breaks my heart.....she could have the world. I know addiction (I'm a wino)....I'm just SO sad. I also have 2 other daughters that constantly take the back seat. I can't do this anymore. Advice....?
Old 01-20-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your situation klbcarmel.

Have you checked out our family and friends forums yet?
there's a lot of wisdom support and experience there too.

D
Old 01-20-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, Kibcarmel.

Yesterday I spent a lot of time reading the family and friends forums here at SR. There is an incredible amount of information and support there.

I'm sorry for what you're going through.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hey kb,, i feel for you hunny, its such a hard life to live,, we all love our kids to bits,, but we cant make em do what we know is to be right for em too,, its the hardest job in the world i think,, but you are all together,, thats great,, it is refreshing to hear that,, so many peeps dont have any support,, and you should all be thank ful of that.
is she aware that she has a problem/addiction?? if she is,, then your half way there i guess,, the only person who can change is her,,when she is ready to,, as much as its causing so much heartache for you all,, im sure deep down she knows it too xx
hunny,, as an ex addict myself ,, i got myself clean,, when i was ready for it,, when i woke up to the damage i was causing,, same as the booze fro me too,,, so mant peeps told me,, you gotta quit , or else,, but i didnt listen,, i was not gonna do it , till i wanted to,, not just needed to,, but really wanted it,, ( i know i slipped up last nite,, but thats not important here),, she can do it,, she will do it,, its just wehther she wants it that bad at the mo, toughy tho hun,, i dread my gals getting into things,, eldest is 17 , youngest is nearly 15,, i hope i wont have to be in yr position,, and i so am sending big hugs to you,, its every parents nightmare,, but as the above wise peeps say,, check out the family forum,, i read loads there the other day,, and boy was it a great and eye openeing read,, i got to see it from the "other side" so to speak.
good luck hun,, and hugs x cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx