Notices

:*

Old 01-20-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb :*

After begin. Sober for a while people still question my commitment. and to be honest. That hurts I take things dad by day minutes by minutes and yes sometimes I think about it again when things get down
BUT I HONOR MY COMMITMENT TO STAY SOBER
Old 01-20-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

alli, one of my favorite sayings is "what other people think about me is none of my business."

And another one that I have taped to my monitor at work "Above all else, ignore the audience", it reminds me ALSO to ignore all the critics and just do the best job I can.

And one more because "three's a charm"...

"Little by little, one walks far" Keep walking Girl.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

"She (the author) learnt from her Eders that everything in the universe is perfect. People and everything else only become less than perfect when compared to someone or something else, or when influenced by negative forces."

--Rangimarie Turiki Pere, Maori Writer

In Western culture we are taught to understand ourselves and our world by comparison, contrast, dualism, and similarity. It is difficult for us to even imagine that the way other people think and the thinking processes themselves differ from our own.

Imagine the shock of discovering that the majority of people in the world do not use the same thinking processes we do! In fact, in some circles, the use of comparison, contrast, dualism and similar forms of thinking are linked with schizophrenia and addictive thinking processes.

If everything in the universe is perfect, I don't need to compare myself or anything to anyone or anything else. I'm learning to accept people and things as they are. The way I have been taught to think affects me more than I realize.

Anne Wilson Schaef, Native Wisdom for White Minds, Ballantine: 1995.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thx those r good