Notices

one month in, thanks

Old 01-19-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
p***enger

one month in, thanks

I'm on Day 34. I've been coming to SR daily for about 9 weeks, since I first acknowledged my problem.

Despite some crazy delusions to the contrary, I'm always -- what do they say? -- an arm's length away from a drink. My mental state fluctuates from mildly optimistic to miserably depressed, and mostly hovers around exhausted. Just pushing through the hours. Lately I've seen a lot of people on SR slipping. I understand -- I don't know where I'll be tomorrow, or next month, though I fervently hope I'll be sober.

But, no matter what, I'll never again be in the state of utter denial I was in before. I've shared with others and listened to others in ways I've never done before.

And it's really all due to SR: friends and members here, some of whom (like Kellytoronto & Mycoolfitz) that I don't see around lately, and some who still post. Some who are struggling, and some who have years of sobriety. Some who sent me info on meetings (thanks HollyA, RustyZ). Some who were just there in the middle of the night. And always, Dee.

To any newbies who read this, keep coming back, and post, post, post!

To everyone else, I'm a major fan!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Courage!

D
Old 01-19-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober month!!
Old 01-19-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Such a great post Courage2...congratulations on your sobriety and thank you for the reminder of the importance of support!
Old 01-20-2013, 01:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 month-you're doing great
Old 01-20-2013, 03:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

SR reassures me that I'm not alone. It's a relief to know that the mental twists I encounter are nothing new under the sun, 'cuz they can be really irrational.

So, thank you once again Dee and Anna. How many lives you've saved is incalculable. Some of us don't make it, but it's not for lack of trying on your part.

The best part is that no one's on a high horse or talking from an ivory tower, 'cuz we've all been there to one degree or another.

Heck, maybe something I say will help someone. I hope so. I'm in no position to point fingers.

Someone I met at a meeting sat out in his truck with me. After a conversation when it came time for us to part ways, he looked at me and said, "Renaldo, you don't have to do this alone. We're all in this together."

That meant the world to me. I can tell when someone is sincere, and unquestionably, he was.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations courage. That was a lovely post x
Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

1 month is awesome congratulations!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by renaldo View Post
SR reassures me that I'm not alone. It's a relief to know that the mental twists I encounter are nothing new under the sun, 'cuz they can be really irrational.

So, thank you once again Dee and Anna. How many lives you've saved is incalculable. Some of us don't make it, but it's not for lack of trying on your part.

The best part is that no one's on a high horse or talking from an ivory tower, 'cuz we've all been there to one degree or another.
Amen, brother!

Thanks for the congratulations, everyone. And but the post was not intended to be about me -- I just wanted to express my gratitude to you people on SR. This thread is about YOU!