Notices

Body sore all over , dreams of fighting

Old 01-19-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Body sore all over , dreams of fighting

Day 5 today, I had a weird nite last nite .I dreamt i was constantly being picked on everywhere i went somebody was trying to pick a fight with me .
in my mind i was just minding my own business then a individual or groups of people would seek me out and want to fight? whats up with that? ..I never did engage in their confrontations.

I also feel sore all over ,like i did when i was drinking after a friday nite ..is this my body just remembering how i usually felt on a sat morning?

im going out to the store as well ,i find im planning my meals more and really enjoying trying different things , plus im also watching the food channel constantly
Old 01-19-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

junk, all I can say about the body pains is see a doctor..

As for the dream, I have taken up dream analysis since joining SR, where I found the the Proactive explanation of dreams. I also have a really cool amethyst crystal, and when I meditate and hold it, it says to me, "Junk33 has feelings that everyone keeps saying, 'See a doctor,' yet you never engage."
Old 01-19-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Junk, I don't know what your drug of choice is, but it could be.

Congrats on day 5, and as far as dreams go? I have weird ones every once in a while, they are usually a reflection of things going on in my life, or something that is going on in my mind, sometimes they make no sense at all. Who knows?
Old 01-19-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Joint or bone pain is something not to take lightly and I would go with other's suggestions to see a Dr.
I had a week or so of fitful sleep after stopping drinking. Not really soreness, but body aches from poor sleep and a crappy mattress and pillow. Still have crappy mattress, got a new pillow and my dreams are ones I actually remember. The scary, the weird, long dreams I am grateful I can remember again. They do seem to serve as a meditation and I wake up refreshed. The other night, I dreamed my husband and I were standing in pouring rain in a very crowded, junky yard. He pulled a very long plastic doll hair poking out from under my skin. It was a WTF moment when I woke up, but I woke up and that's the best feeling.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I look like crap! ..turned into day 6 and happened to glimpse in the mirror ,what a ugly piece of work!
big bags under my eyes ,face looks withdrawn , no colour,unshaven ...walking dead
i went out in public like this today
I think i may be sore from a poor mattress, I used to weigh 245lbs but now im down to 207 , so my big body put some pretty big lumps in that mattress.Ive tried flipping it but it doesnt have a lot of support.
I guess after 5 days its normal to feel your sides a little? i remember this from other attempts
Old 01-20-2013, 12:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've had nightmares that I couldn't wake up from where complete strangers were stabbing me and smashing glass over my head. They seem to have no bearing on actual circumstances in my life. One for Sigmund, I guess.

None of those recently, thank goodness.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

bit of a roller coaster again today, i dont feel sore today for some reason
I made a list of things to do and have got them mostly all done,but some anxiety sneaking back in again, I always hated sundays ,this is when i would rush out and get some more alcohol and tell myself i would just have a few and be ok for work,but inevitably i would drink most of the bottle and be feeling like **** on monday.
Ive meditated twice already today. I also made some money on a side call i did .It should be a perfect sunday.
Just that feeling that everything is going to come crashing down around you is creeping back into my head. Maybe i need some more meditation?
Its tough when you feel responsible for keeping up with the bills, keeping your pets healthy, providing for family etc and at the same time quitting alcohol and having these waves of anxiety coming at you ,I know its only my day 6 again,and its early. It takes a lot of mental toughness to try and keep this up
Old 01-20-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Don't give up! You can do this, live in the now.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi junk,
Use that side money for a new matress!
Do some light stretches before you go to bed or have a nice soak in the bath to help your muscles relax.
Maybe you wake aching as your anxiety is making you mega tense?
The dreams are something I haven't experienced yet, but I chat regularly with my subconcious so it leaves me alone when i sleep...haha
Planning meals, healthy eating and cooking are all great ways of keeping your mind focussed on the goal. Thanks for that was looking for a new hobby
Well done on day 5!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I could hardly climb the stairs in my house for about 2 weeks. My lower back and sides hurt. I would stuff pillows around my sides. The pressure felt good. Nightmares,Nightmares, Nightmares, thought I had burned away my sanity with alcohol. I know that sounds like hell. It was. I am glad I can remember it. Never want to go back again.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congrats on day 6, junk! I had lots of ups and downs at first - a good day, then a bad day, then a couple good days, etc..... no energy, headaches, vivid dreams (I could go on). It really does get a LOT better!:ghug3
Old 01-20-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks , I keep remembering that post from deeker ,living for today , it made a lot of sense to me..
but i find myself beating myself up over the money i wasted on gambling and drinking over the last few months.
im scared to look into my bank account and scrambling again.
I need to live just for each day and I know i will, im almost to day 7 and ive done great this weekend ,no gambling ,no alcohol , making money.
just a couple things that crop up and cause me anxiety , if i can get them taken care of my anxiety will be much less.
that documentary, rain in my heart, really opened my eyes more than they already are to what can happen to me if i dont stay quit this time.