Notices

Am I To Busy For Recovery

Old 01-20-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I haven't had a drink in six years. If I were to drink, it would be a conscious decision to do so, full well accepting the consequences that I know without a doubt, would be dire. What has happened to me changed the fiber of my being. I am no longer the same person I was before, it cannot be undone.

But, hey, that's just me...
Old 01-20-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
There are actually many who do considered themselves recovered.

Being recovered does NOT mean I can drink again. Being recovered means I am not longer addicted to alcohol because I do not put it in my body. Ever.

I am recovered. I never close my mind to new revelations. And I don't know it all. "Knowing it all" would be horrible...I'd be bored stiff. New ideas, new experiences, new projects...that's how I'm stimulated every day. Because I don't drink, I am free to explore, learn, and do anything I want. I am free to actually live life.
Have to say I am with you SL. I am recovered of the notion that alcohol is the center of the world. I am recovered of the belief that alcohol makes things better. I am recovered of the belief that I can have just one. I am a recover"ing" human being in terms of living the righteous path - I haven't solved or reached nirvana, but everyday I become one step closer....even a bad day. But the thought that true success is the ability to drink normal again? I am recovered of that stupid belief. now it is time for me to fix me, no more time to think about the loss (or life gain) of alcohol.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I've been to AA meeting in Tarpon Springs when I visit my dad! Great place....God Bless.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by Joe Nerv
it can be argued as I'm sure it will be
It's unfortunate that you view these exchanges as arguing. I respect the viewpoints presented here and learn from them, even if I don't share them. I will refrain from expressing different viewpoints, so as not to cause you any further discomfort.

Hmmmm, it seems we do agree that getting the blood pumping is a very good thing. Enjoy your workout. I will do the same running on the beach this evening.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

"It is a few simple things that keep me in balance daily, when I do them in balance lol. Because I do these things I am able to maintain those other areas of my life, but most importantly I maintain my serenity and peace of mind."

Great understanding to retain and nurture as you go forward.

What you're describing is a life that works very well for an alcoholic over the long haul, and not drinking is definately part of that, but among the least of it's benefits.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

yep sobriety is more

Originally Posted by hamabi View Post
What you're describing is a life that works very well for an alcoholic over the long haul, and not drinking is definately part of that, but among the least of it's benefits.

Interesting and great outlook.