Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

How long did it take for you to feel mentally/emotionally better?

Notices

How long did it take for you to feel mentally/emotionally better?

Old 03-15-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you for your kind words soberfallon. I know just what you mean,I also felt a burden lifted when I saw my doctor for the first time. I just wish I'd not left it so long
Old 03-15-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've just come across this thread and its been great reading it. I'm on day 95 as well and have been feeling so tired the last few weeks. I'm struggling with adapting to this new sober life as loneliness often sets in.
This evening I realised that 6 months after joining AA I finally got sober and now 3 months on I need to take steps to enjoy sobriety. I'm sure its all different stages of the journey.
I shared my thoughts at a meeting last night and that helped alot as some people spoke about the emotional side of recovery and of learning to embrace a new way of living and most of all that it takes time....
I'm so relieved that my desire for drink is gone at the moment though I dreamt last night that I took a drink and was so disappointed that I had. I was happy to wake up!
I suppose my social life has disappeared now so I need to find new ways of connecting to people, and to encourage myself rather than to feel negative and dispondent. Its heartwarming to read that I'm not alone with this.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello Marria, congrats on 95 days.You're not alone. Have you ever looked at the December 2012 thread in daily support threads? It's a group of us who quit in December and give each other support. It's been so helpful for me, it would be great if you would join us