Notices

Lets stay sober this weekend! 18th - 20th! Check in!

Old 01-19-2013, 02:32 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey ruserius247,
When i gave up i cried a bit , i got frustrated for no reason , anxious , felt totally screwed up .. It was tireing but it didn't last all night and i eventually went to sleep .. i was sober in the morning to fight another day .

Hey Junk33,
Sounds like a nice evening , it's certainly nice to know i can use candles these days without passing out before they've burned out .... I once came down in the morning to find a Lake of wax on my table , i was so lucky i did'nt get roasted in my bed .

Acheleus ,
welcome to SR Day 7 i have also been a binge drinker for me it only got worse , untill i gave up completely .

BennyB ,
Passing the store like that is great , i almost used to tip-toe past the alcohol aisle in the supermarket on day 5 ... 5 days

Pamel ,
I imagine you would'nt ask if it did'nt count to you , The last drink i had and in a way i knew it was my last ever was just after 3 am , maybe it's a good omen ?

Bestwishes, M
Old 01-19-2013, 03:59 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Acheleus and bennyb... I see you're new to the site... welcome!

Pamel... yes that counts! any time sober counts. Welcome to SR.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:02 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Love a sober start where my mind is clear.

I design website on the site so I have some updates to do this morning. Family in the afternoon.

From 11AM until bed is tough. My saturdays and sundays switched on me. Sat is now a bit rougher. Sundays are prized now for the great feelings on mondays!

Will be here all day to say hello and chat with you all.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Sober another weekend! I buy myself something as a reward, even if it's something silly or something I need for the house.
examples of my 'rewards'
a bag of almonds
a diary with free shiny pen
orange and cinnamon air fresheners
a packet of tomato seeds

It's daft I know
Old 01-19-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hi Kizzy40 ,
I used to spend about £60 a week on alcohol . I don't spend that much on "rewards" so it's all for the good .

Not having to worry about money as much has certainly been a reward from my sobriety.

Bestwishes, M
Old 01-19-2013, 04:52 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Kizzy... That's not daft at all! I do that same thing. It's a reminder to treat myself right!

Like the sloppy avatar

K
Old 01-19-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Another sober morning. However, the insomnia is getting to be pretty ridiculous. I don't think I have slept for longer than two or three hours in eight days. I haven't slept all night and I am not even sleepy or groggy. I have lurked on this site before but now it feels to good to be a member. Happy sober Saturday!!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Made it thru Friday nite - Saturday is the hardest one for me. But I will make it, just gotta stay busy. And keep checkin' in!

Hi Kizzy - rewards are great, I do this too. Just got a male Betta, you know, the ones with all the fins? I need a name for him. I have a red one I call Sushi. This one is all blue and looks like an oil sheen when he swims. Anyone got a suggestion for a name?
Old 01-19-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Congrats on stopping Pamel...please remember that we have ALL been there as you are now. Hope you all have a great sober weekend.

it is a sunny Saturday here, cool but not frozen ice and snow, out and about today and roasting some winter veggies in the oven with EVOO.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I had counseling last night (Friday) and realized that is a great way to start my weekend as Friday nights are hard for me. Another Saturday morning for me without waking up with a hangover, feeling guilty, wondering where my car is, and losing yet another cell phone! I am proud to be able to take care of my son who isn't feeling well today. REALLY excited to watch a hockey game tonight!!! While I don't have expectations that my bf will carry through with his plans to join me as his drinking usually begins early on Saturday, I will keep myself busy with activities, not drinking, and checking back in on SR.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good Morning ! I feel so much better today. I need to disable my panic button. I just don't know exactly where it is. Anyway, woke up sober this morning, optimism restored!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Escapist! I am happy to hear!

Enjoy your day
Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Day seven and I made it through a Friday night without my usual 18 Natty Lights. Off to the hunting camp later this morning where post hunt this evening there will be hunting buddies slurping beer. I won't succumb.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Stay strong wood head. Remember you have those seven days.... Lets see that number grow.

How do you plan to handle your buddies when they ask? Will they pressure you? How will you handle it?
Old 01-19-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thanks weasel. They won't pressure me, it will be my own demon to tame. I'll have my 11 year old boy with me, and one of my main reasons for quitting the juice is to become a decent role model for him. Also, there's the fact that I want to be clear headed for the hunt tomorrow morning. I will stand fast and not backslide. Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Hope all have a safe and sober day.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Ken, are you still researching canning? I just left Paula Deen Store. I am on an e-mail list. I suffer from a kitchen equipment fetish. Anyway, the is a canning essentials section. I got pretty excited about it. There is pickiling spice.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hey escapist... Yes I am. Planning on getting supplies and starting my first shot at it tomorrow morning.

There are a few kitchen stores in the area I will check out. Not sure where to get the pickling spices yet. Online is always an option.

Have you ever done it?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Today is my birthday. So yes not drinking is going to be a challenge, but im ready for a challenge. I think i will just eat alot today to compensate for not drinking, lol.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Happy birthday needs!

Glad you are here and sober!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Its a beautiful saturday morning here.

Its been fun to read about what you all are doing this weekend.

Im hanging out with my family about to do a little stepwork. We are at home and doing some potty training (not me my kid) Got literally wowed by an oldtimer at the meeting and coffee last night. Tons of new knowledge. Heard some great stuff too this morning. I feel very at ease in mind body and spirit in this moment. Tis a great place to be. I know this easygoing moment is also dangerous tho because thats when in the past I would say I got a handle on everything, dont need to work on recovery, then wind up on the old path.

One day at a time.

Gonna go to the store in a bit and get some stuff for baked beans and a fruit infused lemonade. I think Ill stop by the library too and look for a recovery book and a fun novel to read. Then gonna clean and watch a movie.