Notices

Evenings are tough...

Old 01-17-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I do attend meetings in the evening due to working during the day. In the past I worked nights so making meetings at all was difficult. Im beginning to slow a little on during the week meetings tho due to wanting more time with my family. I find that calling people in the program each night helps me a lot. I just pick up the phone and ask someone how their day is. Ive had some great conversations and learned lots about other alcoholics this way. Sometimes its just leaving messages but some people call back. Its scary at first but noones bit my head off yet . Ive already got a couple new friends due to this practice..I talk to them or my sponsor if Im on edge like today . Or just posting here helps too!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mammy,

It is amazing how differently you will feel will some sober time up your sleeve and a solid program like AA under your belt. Perceptions will change, things will get easier, the addictive voice will disappear. Keep doing what needs to be done one day at a time.
I am coming up to 20 months sober with the support of AA and SR.

All the best
Love
caiHong
Old 01-17-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Mammy,

It's nice to hear from you. I stopped last June, and I focused on what sobriety would give me...not what I was losing. Good luck with tonight's meting and keep in touch!