Notices

Im trying to become sober off alcohol

Old 01-16-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im trying to become sober off alcohol

I drink beer at least every other day and if its not beer i drink ( share w/ one friend) at least a bottle of vodka every other day and on the weekends friday and saturday. I made a Choice to Stop Drinking because I want to get another job, im 19 and weigh 190 pounds im 5'6 do you think i will lose weight by no longer drinking ? and have any of you lost weight frrom quitting drinking
Old 01-16-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Howyoudoing10

Noone can guarantee you'll lose weight, but it certainly won't hurt to stay sober - you'll probably be more motivated to eat well and exercise too

Welcome to SR

D
Old 01-16-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR a great step to a better way to be
Old 01-16-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Howyoudoing!

My life improved in a lot of ways when I got sober. I think I lost about 15 pounds, and would have lost more if I worked at it. You'll definitely feel and look better!

Glad you're here - it really helps to have support when you're trying to stop.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Not drinking I a good step to lose weight. Since I stop drinking im eating healthy and I'm working out. Its a slow process but just take it one day at a time.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have lost weight and gotten back into a regular exercise routine. I was probably consuming about 700 calories a night in wine, sometimes more. This also led to not being as concerned about making healthy food choices.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Weight gain

I gained. boo, but I am fat and happy and sober. I'd rather be overweight and free than skinny and in jail for a DUI.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Whether or not you lose weight, you'll feel a whole lot better if you stop drinking.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Howyoudoing10 View Post
I drink beer at least every other day and if its not beer i drink ( share w/ one friend) at least a bottle of vodka every other day and on the weekends friday and saturday. I made a Choice to Stop Drinking because I want to get another job, im 19 and weigh 190 pounds im 5'6 do you think i will lose weight by no longer drinking ? and have any of you lost weight frrom quitting drinking
I am a 35 yr old guy, so it may be different. I actually lose weight when I stop drinking. I eat healthier and I exercise more.

I WAS CHUGGING TONS OF VODKA, so the sugar intake has gone down for me. I eat more now, but I eat healthy and its quality food. I spend my alcohol money on groceries.

I am 6 ft tall and 213 lbs, currently, but was up to 257 lbs when i was drinking. You might gain some weight at first, but I think you will find that you will lose weight after a few weeks/months.
Good luck to you and wish me luck too.