Notices

Transitioning home from half way house

Old 01-16-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Transitioning home from half way house

Hi All,

I've been in and out of "the rooms" for about 12 years; 4 stints with rehab and i've just finished a 6 month commitment at a women's half way house.

I'm married (15 years) and have come home this last weekend.

I feel stronger than ever in my program; I have two sponsors, I've completed ALL 12 steps and am doing them again.

I'm just feeling all discombobulated; my schedule and routine has completely been upheaved. I feel like I am all loose ends and just like, flopping around in the wind. I miss the other women I have grown to love at the half way house I moved from and I miss my "freedom" from my responsibilities as a mom and wife...I only had to think of myself and get well. Lol

I know I need to move on with my life and I can't stay at the half way house forever...are these normal feelings?

Yes I want to be home, but I miss my bubble of support and full time recovery and safety of the halfway house...

Jeeze, just writing this out makes me feel better...

Anyone care to share, please do!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

I'd be working those steps thoroughly and honestly again.

Once I worked through those steps, I realized it's not about me anymore.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I identified with your descriptionof the bubble of support, recovery, and safety. At times I do not want to engage with life because it is too scary and I feel like my sobriety could easily be compromised. Often I feel like my home is my bubble of security because it is my son and I and it is drug/alcohol free and I don't want to leave it. But I do for work, school, and life. I wish you much sucess during your transition. I know it is scary but exciting at the same time!

I am a fan of this site and I'm learning a lot as well as gaining a lot of support through reading the various entries
Old 01-16-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Very natural...

I've only been at AA for 23 yrs but it keeps getting better , just like the oldtimers said.

Keep close to your sponsor and the oldtimers. Go to LOTS of meetings. It will save your life.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Pnj, you know, one of the things that I found in early recovery is that I needed to learn to be my biggest cheerleader. No one was going to do it for me. Recovery is personal (IMO), and it is up to me to be responsible for it at the end of the day.

We all have choices, that's what makes it so great. Choose to continue to do well and you will. Welcome to SR, keep coming back, this site is awesome for support and you'll meet a lot of great "online" friends.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know nothing about halfway houses...but welcome to SR Pnjplus2

D