Notices

How much must you like yourself to stay sober?

Old 01-16-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks Dee. I feel very hopeful for my future. I feel like once I really have a new rhythm without drinking for a while it will all turn into a much different life. It has already been so much better. Woke feeling down that's all.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Glad your day went well.
People talk about sobriety and abstinence I think that sounds like where your at .
I think after the initial push of not drinking a focus is important.
I think that's why this place helps so much.
John.
How does your partner view it?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

How does he view it? He is passionate about not drinking as well. We are changing patterns. We had a bit of an issue recently that makes it hard for me to care what he does but since he is trying hard I recognize that. He wants to go to the meeting so lets see if he does.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I hate myself and I have been sober 8 months....just couldn't keep hurting my family with my drinking anymore; if I wasn't married with kids I'm sure I would have kept going
Old 01-16-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have found staying sober is what is helping me like myself. Because I respect myself.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:15 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

1966, sorry you've had a problem, it's good your both trying the sober root it's so easy to let the other frce your hand and end up not changing.
The beauty of down days is whilst sober is seeing how quickly they resolve! Whereas whilst drinking I could keep that mood going for days weeks far longer than any initial reason.
I hope your looking for the best in you and your future. It made my transference so much easier even when medically things have been less sure!
John.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Effort.... I am sad to read that. While I have down days ultimately I do feel I like myself. This post was about in what measure to keep strong in my sobriety. The way you said it sounded so certain. Everyone of us is worth it. You included. Glad you are here sharing and that you did stop.

Eternal.... I agree. I respect myself much more. I can look people in the eye at work and not have rolling in the back of my head about my drinking the night before.

Spinach.... Yes what happened was very bad. We have been together going on 19 years and we never had this come up. But since then things have changed. I have changed. I am enjoying time more now.

Today I got up totally different than yesterday. I know when I feel down to sit tight. Wait it out. I am stronger than it is.

I hope everyone here finds their way to a better version of themselves then when we were actively drinking. It's taking time but I see small changes all the time. Makes me excited to think of what will be next.

Have a good sober day today! It's my therapy night. Get to go speak my mind. Lol.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

It's taking time but I see small changes all the time.
You got it K ... For me it was a big wahoonie at the start and then slowly other things come together .
Good to hear J is sorting himself out , i'd be very clear on whats your recovery and whats his though , whats he can control and what you can control, whats your baggage to deal with and whats his .

Choosing to drink or drug again is choosing to be one of the living dead , spring is coming for those of us in the northern hemisphere and you wont have seen such a beutiful one in years if you stick with it and take your time to see , i promise .

Bestwishes, M