Notices

newcomer says hi

Old 01-17-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vegibean View Post
I am hoping the librium is going to work and then you can get some rest and seek out some more help. I think if you don't do something to help you STAY sober, this is only going to last a short while. My very best toomanny, I want to see you succeed!! Keep coming back.
I do have a support group built up, we'll see. I feel like a large portion of my problem hasn't been that I wanted the drink anymore, but that I had to drink to not be sick. I'm sure I'm far from the only person to have ever thought that though as well The wretching and heaving at work in the bathroom, or in my car, or after a meal out with friends has went a long way to making a lasting memory.

So far the combination has been beautiful (only 1 of each 7 hours ago), my heart isn't beating out of my chest any more and I don't feel nearly as much anxiety. I'm still a little jumpy and there's still a bit of shake to my hands but for just getting started I'm excited. Yesterday I had 19.5oz of booze, today 14oz (10 of that before my first librium). I don't think I'd even touch any tomorrow unless my dr hadn't advised that I continue to taper it a bit. I think it'll be just another day or two at most, then talk to him about tapering the librium!