Notices

motivational thread please?

Old 01-15-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

motivational thread please?

hey everyone! i'm really feeling in the dumps. i had a hard time the day before yesterday. caught in the relapse cycle. i felt horrible yesterday. today i am physically still meh but my mental health is hell. i am finally back on all my prescriptions (had to go through some stuff to get my refills but i got what i need now). what i'm lacking now is motivation. i need to get the kitchen clean. i've been watching Law & Order: SVU for hours now. been working back in the seasons for several days. in the middle of season 12. i gotta get this kitchen done but it would be nice for someone to tell me to off my ass. i think my husband will come home and say "eff it! let's go out!" but i really do like cooking. i just hate cleaning! so how about it? a general motivation thread. we all have things to do in the day that we're putting off. cleaning, a chore, the gym, a shopping trip, bills, a task our partner is counting on...a meeting perhaps? i'm putting off a meeting too. i'm setting an alarm for tomorrow so that i'm up in time for a meeting as well as my usual cooking and cleaning and, i'll admit it, Law & Order watching. i'll start with the motivation but i want you guys to get in on it. maybe it's something you need to hear too.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 01-15-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This always motivates me Grits..

Our book is meant to be suggestive only. We realize we know only a little. God will constantly disclose more to you and to us. Ask Him in your morning meditation what you can do each day for the man who is still sick. The answers will come, if your own house is in order. But obviously you cannot transmit something you haven't got. See to it that your relationship with Him is right, and great events will come to pass for you and countless others. This is the Great Fact for us.

Abandon yourself to God as you understand God. Admit your faults to Him and to your fellows. Clear away the wreckage of your past. Give freely of what you find and join us. We shall be with you in the Fellowship of the Spirit, and you will surely meet some of us as you trudge the Road of Happy Destiny.

May God bless you and keep you - until then.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Motivation is only a matter of perception. I remember back in college, which I did full time as an adult at 30, and I had an Algebra homework assignment. It was my worst subject because I could not get motivated.I am a guy and still could be super cleaning man when I had to do Algebra.

I would suddenly start finding things more important than Algebra. For example I would suddenly realize that the dust devils have never been cleaned out from under our built-in dishwasher and decide I could pull it out and vacuum with the tools and have it spiffy in less than an hour! Then I would do the Algebra.

But suddenly as I was finishing up under the nether regions of the dishwasher that the Reefer coils underneath it and the evaporation tray needed cleaning too.

Get the picture? I would eventually do the homework as I could not avoid it all night, but by then I was so tired I half vast it and kept hating it. MY KNOWLEDGE OF ALGEBRA WAS THUS NEVER AS VAST AS MY KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONDITION OF THE UNDERSIDES OF ALL APPLIANCES AND VEHICLES IN MY AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY.

So the key to cleaning the kitchen is finding a list pad, and then make a new list and intentionally put only two things on it. Number one should be to take down all the drapes and vacuum and wash and press them or the same with all the bed linens anything that is detested worse at this moment in your space-time continuum than cleaning the kitchen. But it has to be real and something you have been putting off!

Then put cleaning the kitchen at number two. Put that list up on the fridge with your magnets. ( Don't deny them we know you have them!) Then leave it there until you finally do number one. You will then find yourself doing number two much more easily. Solving your procrastination sequestration.

(Note: If you already cleaned the kitchen, don't read this)

I will need to get motivated to redo my website and transfer all my Hi8 home videos to DVDs, which recorder and machines I have, just have not made the time. Ok I will make a list, put refreshing myself on quadratic equations at number one, and those two and three, moving three up to two as soon as I clear the delays and do number two.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The promises of AA always make me feel better and motivate me to focus on the good things I have and that are coming. In turn, that lifts my mood and makes me function better

"If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us—sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them."
Old 01-15-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is a great motivational speech:

Motivation 2 - YouTube
Old 01-15-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

SVU and a Dirty Kitchen

Still staring at my dirty kitchen after hours of boxed wine and SVU. Wow I think I met my soul mate. I am stopping this nonsense at 9pm and will start drinking water. Let's stop this cycle and get it together.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

humility will get you far.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

OK I loaded my dishwasher

Yeahh!! It is almost 9pm so let's get our stuff together and stop this nonsense. I am moving on from SVU to the Australian Open cause I love to play tennis. Dishes going and I am going to watch some TV and crash out. If I can stop drinking for 12 hours, I can take my Antibuse and get back on schedule. I had to stop taking it so I can celebrate something important in my family's life. Now it is time to cut the crap and get back to normal business.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

Here's a start: unplug that tv!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

”I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

D
Old 01-15-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sending some motivation your way, I am so glad to see you posting again DG, I have so missed you!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I bought plain white plates and bowls and have high shine stainless steel cutlery and cook pans . It is nice to see it all clean and sparkly .

You have a kitchen , it is a wonderous place , a lot of people in the world have to squat over an open fire cooking in pots and pans propped up on a few bricks .

I quite often think our attitude towards things is important, seems to me it boils down to A ) we can either do something or B) try to find acceptance over something we wont or can't do .. dosn't bother me which you do but i think it's important to make the decision .

Bestwishes, M