Notices

Day 9

Old 01-15-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 9

Hello,

Day 9 here. I'm getting better day by day.

I am still having blackout flashbacks but they arent as haunting as they were early on. I firmly believe that they are so horrible at first because the alcohol mixes up the chemical in your brain. So once the alcohol is gone your brain can settle down.

My addiction is still talking to me. Its asking me about going long term without beer and whiskey. I have accepted that my addiction is going to be talking for a long time. And when and if it stops, that will be an added bonus.

My wife and I are talking. She even made a joke to me that she was thinking about going back to not talking to me again because I was driving her nuts....

There is hope my friends.

Staying sober!

Gall
Old 01-15-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Congrats on 9 days! Have you seen a doctor about this? It probably wouldn't hurt.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cb1

sounds great!!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by gall1972 View Post
Hello,

Day 9 here. I'm getting better day by day.

I am still having blackout flashbacks but they arent as haunting as they were early on. I firmly believe that they are so horrible at first because the alcohol mixes up the chemical in your brain. So once the alcohol is gone your brain can settle down.

My addiction is still talking to me. Its asking me about going long term without beer and whiskey. I have accepted that my addiction is going to be talking for a long time. And when and if it stops, that will be an added bonus.

My wife and I are talking. She even made a joke to me that she was thinking about going back to not talking to me again because I was driving her nuts....

There is hope my friends.

Staying sober!

Gall
Congrats my fellow day 9'er! That is most definitely a good sign from the wife...humor is always a good thing. Best of luck for the rest of the day and our double-digit threshold tomorrow. Still having anxiety/odd physical issue here too, but seems that it is par for the course. I scheduled a routine physical today with our family doc but can't get in until Feb 13 until the earliest. But at least it was a step to make an appt.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

keep going gall

D