Notices

day 15

Old 01-14-2013, 11:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 15

hi mm on day 15! how long before withdrawal syptoms go and my haed clears?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Blacksand
I'm assuming you're a drinker?

It's different for everyone - I'd be surprised if you didn't start feeling better soon tho

D
Old 01-14-2013, 11:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

different for everyone, man.....but if you don't drink, it WILL get better. your body/brain hafta do a total chemical reset, it takes a while. keep it up!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

It's different for everyone, but generally speaking, sobriety is not a magic bullet. The mind and body needs time to re-boot and figure out how to reward itself again in a healthy manner. I suggest you google PAWS and that should give you an idea of what you're in for.

For me anyways, the cliche has been completely true. My worst day sober has been light years better than any day hungover.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Each day gets a little better. Do not give up before the miracle happens
Old 01-15-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are getting close. It really will get better.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

With alcohol, for me it took about ten days, to get back to feeling better and sleeping well. Just try and eat right, drink lots of fluids, get plenty of rest, maybe some light exercise. Its all about getting those toxins out of your system.
PS you will probably be craving sugar too. Hard candy worked for me.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

hi

i am on day 15 also - the longest ever without a drink, obviously not counting childhood - or maybe that isnt so obvious in some cases!

but, i have been seriously worried about the tiredness, the craving for sugar and the fuzzy head.

the fuzzy head has got a lot better, and i know this is a lot better than drinking, but when will this tiredness go, i want to get on with my life - i have spent enough days lying around in darkened rooms sleeping - believe me.

i am not ungrateful, this is like a miracle to me, as i have never been able to stop and the desire to drink has gone, thank god, and also i don't feel any shame today, i am not worried about anybody smelling drink on me when i am in work or on the school pick up. i don't have to have a bath, brush my teeth, put perfume on to disguise any smell from my husband. and i do in fairness, have a reason to be tired, other than being pissed or hungover - my body and mind are recovering from years and years of drinking.

everything was unravelling for me by the end, i was on a downward spiral, nothing bad had happened but i felt really sure it was about to. if i wanted to kill myself with drink that's my problem, but my kids and husband didn't deserve that.

now my daughter has seperation anxiety linked totally, i am sure, to my drinking. so, i hope if this miracle continues she will get better. i also want to live the life that i have dreamt about for so long - sober and do the things that i want to do, rather than what drink will let me do.

i also feel really nauseous but can't stop eating, is that normal?