Notices

Why do I hate people right now?

Old 01-13-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jgm

Why do I hate people right now?

i seem to be avoiding meetings lately. i can't stand the people in a.a some times. i don't know what it is. maybe this false idea that i have to be perfect or something. i can't stand all of the 'sayings' we say to each other. they get so annoying. i feel so jelious of other people who are doing well. my life has been hell for a long time.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovered

Are you working the steps with a sponsor? Focusing on that will surely get your mind off your other disturbances (when we are disturbed, there is something wrong us.....12+12 pg 90).

Old 01-13-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Or maybe it's the false idea that they have to be perfect all the time...

Progress not perfection and all that... oops, sorry. That's probably really annoying

Y'know I can't stand people a lot of the time, but mostly it's outside of AA and here. I don't like associating with people who aren't struggling with something, and then when someone is I moan because their problems aren't as bad as my problems and they're making such a big deal out of it. Sometimes the negativity in AA gets me down but god forbid anyone tried being positive with me! Basically everything narks me when I'm in that frame of mind.

My feeling is that this'll pass and you'll feel better about it soon. Keep going to meetings though x
Old 01-13-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You know jgm, I don't know what kind of meetings you go to, but I would much rather be in the BB Study groups, and such where it was more of a class, than sharing.

It's one of the things that turned me off from going to open meetings, sometimes, and even often I just wasn't getting anything out of it and then I discovered that going to the ones that were more like classes were more satisfying for me.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hear you JGM, im going to quit again tomorrow im in Langley ,close to Delta ..put the hatred aside and concentrate on yourself..we let our feelings concentrate on others instead of ourselves,we need to be selfish for once ..keep up the fight
Old 01-13-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there friend.. I can relate.. I mix up the meetings.. I still have my home group but I go all over the area to check out new meetings.. Some are good and some are not so good but I'm always glad I went.. Keep up the good work! People **** me off too! Hope you have a great week!!