Notices

Fast foreword

Old 01-13-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fast foreword

I've been sober for a few days now and cant describe how i feel...i just wish i could fast foreward a couple of weeks to see if i will feel better...i hope this isn't it ..being sober ...i sort of feel numb ..doing everyday things like a robot..i've also learned that i have a much worser temper than i thought...when does it kick in i'm doing vitamin b and multi vitamins like a madman..herbal teas..fruit i'm sure i'm off my rocker...is this normal.....?
Old 01-13-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi John

No need to fast forward. This slow early recovery stage is important. All you need to do is eat, drink water and sleep. Couple weeks later you will feel much much better.

Drink tea as many times as you want. I got myself water filter jug. I was drinking buckets of water every day.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

It's quite a roller coaster of emotion at the start as i remeber it . It kinda calmed down for me after the first few weeks .
Stick with it as you'll only have to go through it all again if you drink and that would just be the pits ..

Bestwishes, M
Old 01-13-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there ! Things get much, much better !

Are you attending any support groups in person ? I found that sharing what I was going through with others helped A LOT...

Physical activity also helped, running, weights or other forms of cardio..

You are in a bit of funk/cloud, but we've all been there !
Old 01-13-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi...I am new to this site but not new to addiction and sobriety. At one time I had a lot of sober time and now I struggle keeping it.
Wendy
Old 01-13-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi John. I'm sorry you're feeling discouraged. Glad you want to talk about it.

I definitely felt just like that in the early days. I think that's when many give up, because things aren't moving along fast enough. Please remember your body is recovering from all the abuse - give yourself chance to heal. One day you'll wake up feeling hopeful - and so happy you made the decision to quit. It will come!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

EArly sobriety is a time of emotional and physical ups and downs. Don't give in now, you're very early in sobriety and it takes time to feel normal again.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

AngelsNRainbows (Wendy) - We want to welcome you, too. This is a wonderful place to be.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for welcoming me Hevyn! I am having trouble figuring out this site any insight would be appreciated....
Old 01-13-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AngelsNRainbows View Post
Thank you for welcoming me Hevyn! I am having trouble figuring out this site any insight would be appreciated....

Hey Wendy, here's the link for all of the forums, scroll down the page and you'll see all kinds of areas of interests here.

The Alcoholism and Addictions Help Forums- by SoberRecovery.com

You'll get used to it real quick. Welcome to SR!!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

Over doing the vitamins is really hard on your liver and kidneys.

You are supposed to be healing, and those vitamins aren't really being absorbed as the entire digestive system has been inebriated....

Give time time and heal well
Old 01-13-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Are you doing anything to replace old habits and build up your new, alcohol-free life? I tend to exercise a lot more now, I got netflix to watch on my ipad at the gym, I have more time to read and explore other interests.

As I have read many of the people with much more sobriety and wisdom than me say on here that there are good days and bad days, as is life. Its better to be able to deal with the bad ones without a hang over and with a clear mind. I had a major set back a few days ago when I injured my back and cannot work out right now. I felt cheated out of feeling great, since I am not drinking now I feel entitled to it...but its life. I'd just be hung over and feeling crappy today with an injured back. There are sure to be a hell of a lot more "good" days without the self-inflicted abuse to our bodies and minds, that I believe.