Notices

Dog

Old 01-12-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Huh?

Dog

My sister is taking our dog back to the east coast with her. It's technically her dog (she bought it) but the dog loves me the most and is OBSESSED with me. I have about 2 more weeks with her.

I don't know how I'm going to get along without my Lucy. It's making me cry so much.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

bonds with animals can be powerful, and they make awesome, non-judgemental friends. let yourself grieve if you need to, and then remember that there are SO many furry friends at your local animal shelter that are desperate to be adopted and loved. you could become some sweet pup's hero and new best friend!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with yogamamma, there is some other animal out there that will fill your heart, and you'll have that feeling of knowing you saved an animal's life as well.

I'm sorry she's taking the dog and that you're feeling so sad. :ghug3
Old 01-12-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Huh?

Another issue is that she has a congenital health issue, meaning a short life. They said she'd be lucky to reach 2 years. She's 2.5 now. So it could be the last time I see her before she dies. :'''(

She's gonna think I'm ditching her or giving her up. I don't wanna watch her go and see her looking and watching me go.

:'''(
Old 01-12-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HereIAm321 View Post
Another issue is that she has a congenital health issue, meaning a short life. They said she'd be lucky to reach 2 years. She's 2.5 now. So it could be the last time I see her before she dies. :'''(

She's gonna think I'm ditching her or giving her up. I don't wanna watch her go and see her looking and watching me go.

:ghug3
Old 01-12-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tell your sis she cannot take the dog. Tell her you need your dog more than she .does. That it will be devastating to you and the dog, especially since she has a short life. Let your sister find new love at a rescue. If your sis loves you she will understand.

Now I am crying---GOD I hate sad animal stories!!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Huh?

Wish I could. My sister is in medical school residency and has absolutely no friends or support system. Even if I did ask her not to take her, she'd hold things over my head:

"You get to stay in moms house with all her things."
(Yeah, like THAT isn't depressing)

"You were drinking when mom died, you broke her heart, and I bought Lucy to cheer her up."
(She bought her because our 16 year old dog died and my mom missed her)

"Give me $500 then."

"You don't get her groomed enough. You don't do this. You don't do that."

My sister is going to be home maybe 8 hours a day total. Think THAT'S good for a dog?!!!!

My sister is kind of a bitch.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wish I could. My sister is in medical school residency and has absolutely no friends or support system. Even if I did ask her not to take her, she'd hold things over my head:

"You get to stay in moms house with all her things."
(Yeah, like THAT isn't depressing)

"You were drinking when mom died, you broke her heart, and I bought Lucy to cheer her up."
(She bought her because our 16 year old dog died and my mom missed her)

"Give me $500 then."

"You don't get her groomed enough. You don't do this. You don't do that."

My sister is going to be home maybe 8 hours a day total. Think THAT'S good for a dog?!!!!

My sister is kind of a bitch.
Well how long are you going to be home with the dog, and will she take better care of the dog??? If so Dog goes with her. You may love him but he should not be neglected. Only you know what would be best for your DOG....and if you love him as much as you say, gotta do what's good for him.