Notices

On the Verge of a relapse?

Old 01-16-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You are stronger than that nagging voice in your head. All those times you said no even when you really really really wanted to give in have already shown you that. Don't give up on yourself and all your progress!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ttal914 View Post
I think I am just waiting on a breakthrough. It will come with time. They say 8 months is still early in recovery. I guess
Don't wait around too much Ttal. A watched kettle never boils and all that. I think as long as you are working hard on your recovery and are honest then you will be fine. Just keep moving forwards. Personally I respond pretty badly to negative language (the whole you will drink/use again if you don't do x y or z). I prefer to think that as long as I do x y or z I won't drink, if that makes any sense x
Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I made it another week. Still not feeling to great, but that is ok. I have been trying this A and B journaling where i let my addict voice talk and I answer it with a kind answer. It seems to help. I wake up and worry if I am going to relapse. I am kind of obsessed about it, but I am working on some meditation techniques. I hope everyone is doing well. I will have 8 months tomorrow.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well done on 8 months Ttal! That's awesome Take a moment from the obsession to revel in your success x
Old 01-23-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Eight months is great!!! I like your journal idea, I journal often and have been making sure to journal about positive things, but I like the idea of saying something kind to yourself.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. Made it tgrough another rough week sober. I just think my addict is stompibg its feet because now the true me is in control. It doesnt like me improving myself. I will keep going. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hello. I'm sorry your going thru this. I'm dating an opiate addict and I went to a family night last night for his rehab class. I learned a lot. First and most importantly you must go to meetings. Someone in the class said she was sick of hearing her brother say " meetings aren't for me" and w quick response she said "opiates shouldn't be for you either". Made sense. The counselor also made sure to let everyone know that If you relapse or have urges ALWAYS remember that the consequences this time around will be worse. Your experience in opiates will not be like your last. It will get worse and you will lose more the next time. Just keep reminding yourself that you can take that one pill but just remember what you'll feel like as soon as you take it, how you'll feel after you use, what it will do to you and your loved ones. Trust me, I know easier said then done. But it's not worth it. Cravings will go away eventually.... You've gotten this far....keep it up. You'll be proud of yourself for not letting the addiction win. I quit smoking ( not saying its even close to opiates) for 4 years now. Do I have thoughts? Absolutely sometimes more often then others but I think about how ill feel afterwards and how much I know I'll regret it. Can't let the addiction win ... Addiction doesn't care about you, your job, loved ones, etc. remember that go for a run or a walk --- maybe that will help
Old 01-30-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks angel. I will keep going strong. I hope your boyfriend gets a grip on this opiate thing. It sucks but if he really wants it like me he will make it. He deserves to make it.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to hear you're doing well Ttal

D