Notices

things that make the devil say " dude?!?"

Old 01-12-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

things that make the devil say " dude?!?"

happy day 6 to me!! the more sober minded i become .. i think about choices i have made in the past and how crazy i looked. Trust me i am not judging anyone.. but on this saturday morning on my way to work and i see the affects of friday night on some of the people in the streets trying to make it home.. that used to be me 6 days ago and can easliy be me 2 morrow.

i dont miss lying.. i do not miss stealing.. i do not miss getting so depressed that i have to lay on the floor to cry because i wanted to be as low as possible.

i do not miss doing anything possible i could to get drunk/high.. i mean things that would even make the devil himself say " dude?!? for real?!?"

oddly enough i do not regret those things. i am blessed to have made it through and learn from them. on countless occasions i should of been dead but im sure my HP stepped in and said "not yet.. theres still some work here for him to do"

*raises morning coffee*

heres to doing the work...
Old 01-12-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice post, and again, I'm so glad you're where you're at.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

A Christian was talking to me a couple weeks ago, and said something about "the Devil." I have enough trouble having a personal relationship with God, so how could someone have a personal relationship with the Devil?

And of course I immediately saw how ridiculous that was. Of course I knew the Devil! I sought Him out whenever possible (never at work...). I made Him part of my spirit and took Him into my body deeper than my deepest lover.

Yeah, like you I still see Him around town... mostly hanging out with other people.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post C2C

"...i do not miss getting so depressed that i have to lay on the floor to cry because i wanted to be as low as possible".

This line ^^...I get that....we never have to feel like that again C2C.

Two years sober is just around the corner for me...keep at it my friend.

Raising my coffee to you
Old 01-12-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

itsn't it interesting, we have no problem knowing the devil, but a hard time believing in god.....
Old 01-12-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SASA View Post
itsn't it interesting, we have no problem knowing the devil, but a hard time believing in god.....
We (I) believe in God, I just had to have my arse kicked severely to become aware of it.

And John Barleycorn did a great job of kicking my arse.

Today it's my choice how bad I want to be beat up before asking/accepting the help I need.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 01-12-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey man glad to see you made it through last night and are feeling good today. I went for a walk last night after my White Castle binge and happened past one of my old favorite bars. I saw the bouncer outside that has dragged me out numerous times- I had the same kind of "how could I have done that stuff" moment. The idea of going into that bar and literally being dragged out by that guy standing there seemed so absolutely insane, yet I had done that probably more times than I can count. These kind of thoughts are really motivating when it comes to making smart decisions in the future.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great post and love the title totally made me lol!! Glad you made it through Im on day 7 not easy but still sober!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great post!! Keep up the good work!!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What a excellent post and well done on Day 6!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ohio, I'm so deeply jealous you had a White Castle binge!! I travelled to the States in the summer and discovered the delight of White Castle - amongst other things (!). Now I'm craving some sliders... Not a chance here though
Old 01-12-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You're well situated to be of service to someone hitting their bottom 'cuz you've been there. Glad you're not there now.

I've never seen people still trying to make it home Saturday morning after a Fri. night. Must be a big city thing.

I've seen on the TV people trying to walk home from the pub in Germany and dozing off while trying to walk through an intersection, but dawn had not broken yet.

It's a terrible feeling being in the city and wanting nothing more than being safe at home in bed and knowing you've got hours to go before you get there. Especially if you're in a car and you're totally lost and turned around and have no idea where you are are. Ugh.

I've had that happen when I was completely sober and I ended up in a bad part of town where I didn't feel safe at all.

When you do get in that safe bed though, it feels soooooo good.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

C2C,

Spoken like a true New Yorker!! Hang around --maybe you can get through to some of the younger members of our little group. You speak in terms they can understand!

Great Post--loved the "devil has to say Dude? Really? great line!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My grandmother used to say ,"When you drink the Devil speaks to you" The thought has been around for a long time. I don't know about heaven or hell. I do know that what I have done while drinking would not be considered goodness and love.