Notices

Roxicodone has snatched my soul

Old 01-10-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Roxicodone has snatched my soul

Ok, I just registered to this site but have gotten helpful information here the past 2 or 3 years. This is my first post ever. Let me give a little background. I joined the Army 5 years ago and just got out 6 months ago. About 3 years ago I got into a horrible injury involving a helicopter blade falling on my back. I was initially prescribed Dilaudid for a few month then switched to 30mg Roxicodone. It worked for the pain. My roommate was super addicted to opiates. When he found out I was prescribed he opened up so many doors. Im not blaming him but he is the one who taught me everything. I started snorting them and I was hooked before I knew it. Eventually the scripts t stopped being written so I relied on the streets. I was buying them for $25 a piece. At this time I was abusing them but I had not hit rock bottom yet. A year later I got married. Everthing was great but I kept my addiction secret but she soon found out because I was spending every penny on Roxi. I got so bad I lost my truck because I did not make payments. I failed a drug test in the Army and got kicked out. I moved back to KCMO and little did I know it got worse. I found a new hook that charged 15. Ive lost almost everything. My truck, my credit, and my apartement. My wife and I stay at my parents right now. Last night I overdosed, got my stomache pumped, had to drink charcoal, and my whole family was there. I feel humiliated. I have hit rock bottom and cant believe my wife has stuck by me through all this. I'm so ashamed. Now where I need your guys help is this is my first time sense I started roxi that Im going to try and stop. My last dose was last night and right now my only symptoms are runny nose, some muscle tension, and hot flashes. I know withdraw hasn't peeked yet so what should I expect. Im scared to death because I know before to long im going to be in a world of hurt. Im supposed to start college Monday. Should I drop my classes and get clean first because I feel like school will be very hard right now. I'm 24, 180 pounds, and 5'10. I was snorting on average about 250 to 350mgs of Roxicodone a day. what can I take OTC to help me. Should I consider methadone or suboxone? If someone could please help me and steer me the right way please do. Also Im scared I wont be able to stop. What are the chances I can quit the first time I try? God bless and I hope everyone a successful recovery. Thanks
Old 01-10-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

dude you better find a doctor fast, i woke up convulsing from way less than you did.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi CDC71288

welcome

while we can certainly share our experience here, we can't give you medical advice.
I think you'd be best to consult a Dr on this and put your questions to them, really.

That aside you'll find a lot of support here.

Check out our substance abuse board too:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 01-10-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I looked up this information for you. PLEASE CALL them and see if there is a free detox unit that will take you. The thing is, is that most likely you will have to be high to get in there, but please call the numbers below and see if they can help you. 211.org is nationwide, they have 24/7 counselors and they are there to help you NOW!!!! Please, please, please call now, or have you wife call. Good luck!! VB

2-1-1 MISSOURI AND SOUTHWEST ILLINOIS
Home Page
Search for Community Services
211 Call 2-1-1 from service area
(314) 421-4636 Alternative Number
(800) 427-4626 Alternative Number
2-1-1 information and referral service for 99 counties in Missouri: Adair, Atchison, Audrain, Barry, Barton, Benton, Bollinger, Boone, Butler, Callaway, Camden, Cape Girardeau, Carroll, Carter, Cedar, Chariton, Christian, Clark, Cole, Cooper, Crawford, Dade, Dallas, Daviess, Dent, Douglas, Dunklin, Franklin, Gasconade, Gentry, Greene, Grundy, Harrison, Hickory, Holt, Howard, Howell, Iron, Jasper, Jefferson, Knox, Laclede, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Linn, Livingston, Macon, Madison, Maries, Marion, McDonald, Mercer, Miller, Mississippi, Moniteau, Monroe, Montgomery, Morgan, New Madrid, Newton, Nodaway, Oregon, Osage, Ozark, Pemiscot, Perry, Phelps, Pike, Polk, Pulaski, Putnam, Ralls, Randolph, Reynolds, Ripley, Schuyler, Scotland, Scott, Shannon, Shelby, St. Charles, St. Clair, St. Francois, St. Louis City, Ste. Genevieve, Stoddard, Stone, Sullivan, Taney, Texas, Vernon, Warren, Washington, Wayne, Webster, Worth, and Wright) and 9 Illinois counties surrounding St. Louis (Calhoun, Clinton, Greene, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Monroe, Randolph, St. Clair).
Old 01-10-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dee74... Thank you and I know you cant give medical advice but I was just asking basically for advice from someone who knows what Im about to go through or someone who can just help me understand what to expect. This is my first go around at quitting and Im scared to death. My anxiety is sky high and I was hoping for some good advice here.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

UNITED WAY 2-1-1 (GREATER KANSAS CITY) (MISSOURI/KANSAS)
Home Page
Search for Community Services
(816) 474-5112 Alternative Number
I think this is more for the Kansas City area...

211 Call 2-1-1 from service area
(866) 320-5764 Alternative Number
2-1-1 information and referral service for the following counties in Missouri: Andrew, Bates, Buchanan, Caldwell, Cass, Clay, Clinton, DeKalb, Henry, Jackson, Johnson, Lafayette, Pettis, Platte, Ray, and Saline; Also for the following counties in Kansas: Doniphan, Franklin, Johnson, Leavenworth, Linn, Miami, and Wyandotte.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The word that always alarms me is "ashamed". Is anyone ashamed that they got cancer? We (including me) have a genetic disposition to "get" addicted. Ashamed is not part of it; we can, however, chose to do something about it.

BTW, I am not so great at this, but I do believe that we CAN do something. We are very fortunate in this way. Seek help through NA, AA, here at SR... You are among millions who have this gene. It is NOT YOUR FAULT!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
The word that always alarms me is "ashamed". Is anyone ashamed that they got cancer? We (including me) have a genetic disposition to "get" addicted. Ashamed is not part of it; we can, however, chose to do something about it.

BTW, I am not so great at this, but I do believe that we CAN do something. We are very fortunate in this way. Seek help through NA, AA, here at SR... You are among millions who have this gene. It is NOT YOUR FAULT!!!
Pamel, I totally agree, I remind everyone who walks into my office on admission day when they tell me they "feel ashamed, embarrassed, can't believe they ended up this way, they hate who they have become..." I remind them that "you know what? Which one of us woke up one day and said 'I'm going to become an addict!'" None of us have.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post

Your right. I need to just be a man and look at the positive and better my life. I need to be thankful that my wonderful wife has stuck by me through this horrible addiction. I don't think I would be able to do it if I was in her shoes.