Notices

bowel issues (sorry)

Old 01-09-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

how i wish i had been brave enough to post this in the beginning! i also thought i had IBS, and what do you know....when i got sober...well let's just say toilet paper usage has gone way done in my house:/
Old 01-09-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mom was right, eat your vegetables...and oatmeal, apples, fiber.
I thought i had chronic diarrhea, gastro doc said no, the opposite, prescribed Miralax (otc fiber drink powder, it draws water into the colon to help expell the waste).
Booze definitely gives me inflammation...much less problems, these days.
As *icky* a topic as this is...i know someone who just lost their mom to colon cancer, which is preventable with treatment, so its best to be sure...discuss with your doc and get the dreaded colonoscopy if you need it.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by changer View Post
how i wish i had been brave enough to post this in the beginning! i also thought i had IBS, and what do you know....when i got sober...well let's just say toilet paper usage has gone way done in my house:/
No kidding, what a difference life can make if you don't have to revolve your day around restroom locations.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I too was glad to see this post! I will carefully say that this particular side effect of drinking was probably the catalyst for my current sober streak.

On another note, hubby, who claims not to have a drinking problem, would spend the ENTIRE day after a bender in the potty. Nope. No problem here.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
I too was glad to see this post! I will carefully say that this particular side effect of drinking was probably the catalyst for my current sober streak.

On another note, hubby, who claims not to have a drinking problem, would spend the ENTIRE day after a bender in the potty. Nope. No problem here.

haha, thanks for replying, your husband reminds me of me.
My wife told me for years that the drink created most of all my anxiety and arse issues, I dare say she was pretty much right on the money.