Notices

Feels great to be on day 8!

Old 01-09-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feels great to be on day 8!

Hey everyone. Have made it over a week. I remember posting on here a week ago, still hung over. A complete mess, scared and convinced I would never be ok. Although its only day 8, my mind is so much clearer. I am still having some issues, like random extreme fatigue and headaches. I still am having fairly intense cravings. But overall physically, I feel like 8 days was a lifetime ago. I have actually lost 5 lbs in that period from just not drinking, and being slightly active in my daily life. I am worried that I will start taking this for granted, thats my biggest threat to sobriety right now I feel like. But right now I have nothing but excitement for what the next several months will bring. I know it won't be all sunshine and rainbows, but even the bad news seems easier to straighten out sober.

Something I noticed and was talking about with people at AA. When I was drinking, it seemed that there were way too many hours in the day. I would get home in the evening and look at the clock. It was terrifying to fill those hours, and booze seemed like the only way to make them pass in a way that was semi enjoyable. Now that I am not drinking there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day! I get home and do chores, pay bills, take care of the dogs, finish up stuff from the work day, spend time with my significant other and its already time for bed. It has been quite eye opening.

Thanks again everyone!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Good job on 8 days. I feel like it is getting easier. Im on day 31. One thing I feel is that weekends seem way longer. I get so much more done not wasting em away hungover and blacked out.

Keep it up!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats and hugs on 8 days sober!! Amazing how much better we feel without alcohol, isn't it?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 days!!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

8 days is awesome!