Notices

Slipping down the wrong trail (Ski related!!!)

Old 01-09-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I love the area, Telluride is an amazing mountain.. I live in Boulder so it's about a 5-6 drive for me so its very hard to go for a weekend.. I usually go to Keystone, Vail, beaver creek and A Basin in the spring.. We have a small mountain called Eldora that's about 30 minutes from me, I'll go there after a big dump!

Mark, You need to put Big Sky Montana on your bucket list.. We've been going there for the past 5 years and its over the top!! Huge mountain, bigger than Vail, over 400 inches of snow per year, the best thing is there's no one there.. Look into it, amazing place!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Delilah, not trying to be nosey but I'm curious where you went skiing? State, area?? You got me all fired up! We have some storms coming in Friday, hopefully I can get out this weekend if we get any significant snow...
Old 01-09-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Reading this Delilah has actually inspired me to get going too, I got my old skis prepped and am ready for the weekend.

Hopefully I can make it down the slopes without too much embarassment!

Good on you though, sliding down a slope on your behind still beats a Saturday morning wasted regretting the night before.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dave42001 View Post
Mark, You need to put Big Sky Montana on your bucket list.. We've been going there for the past 5 years and its over the top!!
Oh yea... good stuff... Dictator Chutes !!! Insane... We met Lonnie Ball there, kinda famous, he has a trail named for him at Jackson Hole... He gave us the confidence we needed to ski down Lone Mountain the first time.

We were there the year before I got into recovery... The night life is kinda crazy... LOL, it was probably more dangerous than skiing the cliffs, LOL... and there were some ski "anarchists" there that week who kinda did a subversive competition thing deep in Bavarian Woods... Doing inverted aerials (them, not me, LOL) while shooting PBRs, all that... LOL... Dressed crazy... Good Times.

Skiing has never been better clean and sober!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Cool story!! Jackson is a rugged mountain too!! The first time I got off that big gondola I was intimated! We climbed the Grand last summer!! A lot of fun!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dave42001 View Post
Delilah, not trying to be nosey but I'm curious where you went skiing? State, area?? You got me all fired up! We have some storms coming in Friday, hopefully I can get out this weekend if we get any significant snow...
We lived in San Diego so we drove up to Big Bear for a few days. We skied at Snow Summit. I have gone on about 8 ski trips in my life, and I love the feeling of going down that mountain. I wish I could go more often so I could actually master the difficult blues and look the image Mark has in his head!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marius76 View Post
Reading this Delilah has actually inspired me to get going too, I got my old skis prepped and am ready for the weekend.

Hopefully I can make it down the slopes without too much embarassment!

Good on you though, sliding down a slope on your behind still beats a Saturday morning wasted regretting the night before.
Absolutely!!!! It was amazing how easy tubing was today after skiing all day yesterday. My school district has this week off and we didn't have to wait more than two minutes to get on the lift. In my mind I am a world class skier.

However, this Friday I will need to resort back to my alter ego as an elementary school principal!! At least it is a day of PD for administrators, teachers come back Monday, and kiddos on Tuesday.