Notices

Step 2?

Old 01-08-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DFU

Step 2?

Just curious, how long did it take for you to get to step 2? I know everyone is different but I've been sober for a month and my sponsor hasn't mentioned it yet. I do plan on asking her, but have just been curious today. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovered

2 months from white chip.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Get busy with it if you are ready to move on! Don't wait for her. This is your program. Tell her you are ready to go to the next step.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When I came into AA I was already praying for help...Of course I was willing to believe. When I picked my sponsor I told him I was ready to start step four. He had me say the third step prayer from the book....And I started writing inventory. The directions for steps 2 and 3 are in the Big Book from Page 44 to 63. It didn't take me very long at all.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was fully accepting of steps 1 and 2 before I even came to AA- heck they are why I went. Of course I was powerless over alcohol I had proven that over and over for years, and obviously I had tried everything on my own to be a normal drinker but could not so I needed something other than myself- that's step 2.

Step 3 is something I have no clue about to be honest but I'm sober and going to meetings and really by accepting the program and the big book, as well as being open to the steps and the process I think that is a good ways toward fully accepting step 3.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Step three for me is making a decision to work the rest of the steps....

This is the how and why of it. First of all, we had to quit playing God. It didn't work. Next, we decided that hereafter in this drama of life, God was going to be our Director. He is the Principal; we are His agents. He is the Father, and we are His children. Most good ideas are simple, and this concept was the keystone of the new and triumphant arch through which we passed to freedom.

BB pg 62

Decision made...NOW it's time for action. One thing I've seen happen a lot in my time in AA....Quite a few make the decision....And never follow it up with the action....1,2,3 and out...1,2,3 and out.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

if you are convinced that you are an alcoholic & that your life was unmanageable, I would say you're ready.....
Old 01-08-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

I was guided through the steps at 2 weeks sober, I had no choice---find a new way to live or go back to drinking in Hades. I worked them again at 4 months and again at 8 months, this time learning the sponsor's role. I recently worked them again on a specific situation. Like Bill and Bob and many others did years ago.