Notices

Anger at others and events for interupting my drinking

Old 01-08-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anger at others and events for interupting my drinking

Can you relate?

1. Work Meeting Sunday 6pm. I am furious I mean throw dishes furious because I cant start drinking yet.

2. I don't remember the last time I didn't roll my eyes when the phone rang...If I answer the other party is always surprised I did. I never ever drink and dial I just hide.

3. If I have to make phone calls they are early in the day.

4. Matinee movies are better more time for drinks, maybe a quickie right before.

I am really looking forward to not being a slave to my alcoholic schedule.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Oh yeah...I hated everything that cut into my drinking time. Pretty sad when I was irritated about my kids playdates, sports, or other actvities that delayed my drinking. I would often drink beforehand, but remained edgy until I could start the "real drinking".

Yep, it is awesome to be out of that prison. I can go anywhere, do anything, any time of day at the drop of a hat...freedom!

Do you have a plan for quitting Pataphor?
Old 01-08-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Soberlicious -
Plan? Well...um... i have got 6 days and some behind me.
Tried AA before w/sponser - trouble with giving it up to whoever/whatever.
giving this site a shot just to "keep it real".
Gone 6 months before but that seems like forever.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
That's great There are lots of strategies you can learn for when the day comes that that little voice starts in about crackin a cold bevvie...and yes, lots of people use the info and/or support on this site and it's more than enough.
Originally Posted by pataphor
trouble with giving it up to whoever/whatever.
I understand. You can quit successfully regardless. I did.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location: Las Vegas, Nevada... Originally from Cincinnati, Ohio
AA didn't work for me the first time in... I was like you soberlicious, actually upset about play dates, etc. Frustrated when I had to drive somewhere because I then I definitely could only have one or two... I made it to 41 days and convinced myself I didn't have a problem. And AA actually frustrated me and made me want to drink when I left. This time in, honestly when I feel the urge to drink, I go to a meeting and it always seems to be hit me. But there are times I can't go and I have to remind myself I am an alcoholic when the little voice tries to tell me I am not. This site helped me out the first few months and still does on a daily basis. Find what works for you.