Notices

Headache

Old 01-07-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Headache

I originally quit drinking in September. I have drank once a month since then. I can't seem to get past 30 days.
But that's besides the point... I have had an off and on headache since I originally quit in September. My most recent drink was 12/26. I am guessing that the withdrawal symptoms are probably gone. Anyone else have a headache last such a long time? Should I go see the doctor? I have been drinking tons of water and have really cut back on my sugar intake. It's not a horrible headache but a constant dull pounding.
Thanks!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cfm

We can't give medical advice here, but I gotta tell ya, this doesn't sound right.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, I have had headaches last that long. I hope it's nothing to worry about cos I'm a bit of a hypochondriac

I had headaches/migraines when I was drinking which felt like my head was clamped in a vice. They lasted for months. My doctors weren't concerned enough to do any tests. When I finally figured out they were migraines I stopped getting them so a huge part of it must have been psychological. The headaches I get now are childsplay and I love them. Little tension headaches that last for ages and come and go but really are no problem.

I think having headaches while we are quitting is normal. I was beset by them in the second and third month. They got much better after that though.

I'd still mention it to your doctor though if you're concerned x
Old 01-07-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would talk to a doctor since reasons for headaches can be harmless or serious, depending what is wrong.

My brother had migraines, and got tested for everything in the book and they ended up just being stress headaches. Once you figure out what is causing them, doctors can effecitively tell you have to get them to go away or at least help avoid them in the future.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

4 months? Seriously, go see a doctor!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have chronic headaches too. Only a doctor can get to the bottom of it I know.

The only way I can get rid of them is with strong painkillers....and the cycle begins again.

Good luck.