Notices

Wife of Meth Addict

Old 01-07-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wife of Meth Addict

My husband has been smoking meth. He has been hiding it from me. He is abusive, mean, and nasty around me. He is controlling. He is acting crazy. I don't know what to do anymore. I want to give up. I think I am going to leave him. He won't go for help. He says that he is using meth because I won't respect him enough. He followed me out into my car today when I was taking my 17 yr old son to his grandparents house, and embarrassed me in front of my kid-obviously high as a kite.
He is losing control over me. It makes him smoke more. I care for him. It is killing me. I can't fix him. He is killing me.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

In my honest opinion you need to get as far from him as you can, he needs help, he needs rehab he needs a lot of things right now and im sorry but im of the belief that you can do no more, you have a son that needs you now more than anything, be strong for your son be strong for you, there is plenty support here for what you are going through...please take care....
Old 01-07-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with SIPD, you need to take care of you and your son. In the Friends and Family Forum there are several stickies you might consider reading to help you through this. My daughter is a meth addict so I know what you are going through and how frustrating it can be.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My son doesn't live with me. He lives with his grandparents. I am disabled. I am unable to care for him. My husband was my caregiver, to an extent. Now, I don't know where he is, and I kicked him out. I feel sick that he is out in the dark, the cold. He has no car even. I don't know where he is. Is he alone? Is he at a drug dealer's house? Is he dead?
I feel such nausea, that I can barely breathe.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have been reading those awaiting help. I have been up all night. It is 6:22 here and this has literally kept me up all night. I couldn't sleep.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((beenafool)) - Welcome to SR but so sorry for what brought you here. Meth can turn someone really nasty and violent, so I am worried about your safety. Even though you put him out (YAY!) I worry that he will come back.

Is there anyone who can stay with you or you can stay with? None of this is your fault, and you don't deserve to have to put up with this (no one does). Though I have loved ones who are addicts/alcoholics I'm also a recovering addict. My entire life revolved around getting drugs, and that is probably where his mind is at.

Please do check out the stickys, mentioned above, and keep reading/posting as we do care.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-07-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((beenafool))

please know that you are making healthy decisions for yourself and allowing your loved one the opportunity to make healthy decisions for himself too ~

by stepping out of the way, we give the ability to find their own dignity, self-respect and love to seek a different way ~ it's hard but many addicts will tell you when family step out of the way then is when they finally realized they could seek another way

does it always work - no, but it does increase the chances and sweetie it gives you the opportunity to live a safe, serene and peaceful life ~ which everyone deserves that ~

keep reaching out for love, support and help here on SR - that's what this place is for

pink hugs (hope, unity gratitude & serenity!)
Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey there
I wanted to welcome you and invite you over to the Friends and Family of Substance Abusers Forum. Everyone there understands the anguish and fear that comes with loving someone who is addicted.

You are not alone.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 01-08-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hope today is a better day!
Hugs,
~T