Notices

Does anyone else.....

Old 01-07-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Idk yet I haven't tried . We're fixing to be moving to another state. I shouldn't be surprised, he's the reason I was trying to gain more info and experience for a sociopath, I think I try to lie to myself like certain behaviors ate normal.
I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

He's the only person I've ever been With that doesn't use, drink, or smoke ciggs
He owns a few businesses. We were doing really well for s small town, and now everything is getting all messes up. I really thought that part of my life was over but it's like I'll never beable to escape my past. Now it looks like the past will be the future wth! I'm mixed up in the head, can a sociopath ever really love someone anyway
Sounds like you've got so so much to deal with on top of just dealing with recovery. I don't know anything about sociopaths but please don't go back to dancing or put yourself in any other situation you know would put you right back where you started, it's not worth it xx
Old 01-07-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Joe Nerv View Post
In early sobriety I used to fantasize about someone coming into an AA meeting with a gun and forcing us all to get drunk. Used to think of being stranded on a dessert and getting rescued by budweiser truck. Used to tell my friends jokingly tell friends I wouldn't mind if they spiked my food or drink with valium. But I wasn't joking. Had bunch of other things I used to entertain myself with. It the nature of our beast. It'll pass. Just don't go hurting yourself.
The places we go in our heads hey?!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Night owl

Wow! I just found out that the sister of one of the people I housesit for just had bad breaks in leg/ankle/heel, both sides involved. What a shock! I feel so sorry for her! And it reminds me that I really, really do NOT want any such thing. No drug is worth any of that. Reminds me how sick my addiction is, that I would even contemplate such a thing.

We really do come to love our addictions more than ourselves. That's huge. Something to work on and heal!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ouch, poor thing. I wish her a speedy recovery.

I think we love the drugs and what they do more than ourselves hey? I know there is a survival instinct in me though. I'm not quite like Jim Morrison, living for the end. Not always anyway, only on my darkest days.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Night owl

Are you a Doors fan, too? They're my desert island band, you know if you were stuck and could only bring one band/album. Listening to the Doors has gotten me through some tough times! And I'm sad he checked out how he did. He was a genius, though a tortured one to be sure. I imagine if he'd got clean, really worked on himself, what would he be doing now? Actually, Ray Manzarek wrote a "fiction" book about that. It was a sweet story.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yes, I love The Doors. I think they would be up there on my desert island list too!

He was a creative genius hey?
Old 01-07-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Here's how pathetic I am. My DOC is alcohol and I am really struggling this afternoon, and when I saw your post I thought, yeah, take an oxy (left over from recent survery). Despite the fact that I quit them three days after surgery because they're not my addiction--I still have some and I want to go to the pub so bad...

see? I'm gonna keep reading SR.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Night owl

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
Yes, I love The Doors. I think they would be up there on my desert island list too!

He was a creative genius hey?
Yeah, but in thea end it was his inability to deal with it that killed him I think. I don't think he ever expected to live, so he just blew it out. Still, I can't help but think what he could have done if he stuck around. I guess I'm just glad he shared his genius with us! He was like a lost shaman.....
Old 01-07-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
Here's how pathetic I am. My DOC is alcohol and I am really struggling this afternoon, and when I saw your post I thought, yeah, take an oxy (left over from recent survery). Despite the fact that I quit them three days after surgery because they're not my addiction--I still have some and I want to go to the pub so bad...

see? I'm gonna keep reading SR.
That's not pathetic. Seems natural to me.

Get rid of the oxy! I can't have anything in the house at all. It's not unusual to swap additions!

Don't go to the pub, keep reading here. I hope my post wasn't a trigger for you
Old 01-07-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lyoness View Post

Yeah, but in thea end it was his inability to deal with it that killed him I think. I don't think he ever expected to live, so he just blew it out. Still, I can't help but think what he could have done if he stuck around. I guess I'm just glad he shared his genius with us! He was like a lost shaman.....
Yeah it was like he was trapped inside this amazing mind.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:58 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm ok midlife. Made it using yet another drug--TV
Old 01-08-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
I'm ok midlife. Made it using yet another drug--TV
Good to hear you are ok.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

When I was drinking I swear I used to deliberately screw up my life, cause myself (emotional) pain so I'd have an excuse to drink- I see this as being pretty similar to wishing for an injury so you can use opiates. It's the addictive part of the brain talking.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

As an alchoolic ..i have hoped a tragedy would happen in my life so i have an excuse to indulge and escape.. But we all know thats the addiction with his annoying.. Kanieving ... Sick self... Dont listen to that voice... He/she only wants to kill us..
Old 01-08-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Yeah I agree, emotional/physical pain. All 'good' excuses to drug or drink.