Notices

Real life deal.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Fallow, congratulations, you are off to a great start. It's such a big deal to us to have stopped that I think we expect instant gratification rewards for denying ourselves. We don't expect to feel like crap-we're "being good" damnit! We don't expect to feel down, exhausted, cranky, etc. We haven't even been used to feeling period, so to actually experience all of it including the negative is hard work. It's draining, but it does seem to come and go so just try to wade through to the other side.

There's a lot of soul searching here about the meaning of life, and depression, and dealing with past issues. I think practically everyone goes through this, whether they're an addict or not. Might be worth doing some reading, not only about recovery, but about life in general. I found this book incredibly helpful years ago. It changed how I looked at everything for the better.

End the Struggle and Dance with Life: How to Build Yourself Up When the World Gets You Down
Susan Jeffers
Old 01-06-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
It gets better...Trust me...Keep moving forward!
It definitely does, I am just about at three months and it is definitely better than where I was at one month!!